Blocky Video

stealth518

HTPC Specs: Show details

Blocky Video

Post by stealth518 » Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:27 pm

I just got a new htpc, installed windows, updates, etc. This is my second one. The first one I've had up and running for years, without too many issues, except the crashing caused by switching inputs on my receiver. (Still haven't fully figured out a solution to that one)

Anyway, the new pc has wmc and kodi installed as well as wmc server. WMC is all setup with the HDHomerun, and all my channels work. However, playing any HD channels results in so much blockiness in the picture that it is unwatchable.

I was trying to mimic my other setup (its been a long time), and I put in the sharky codecs, play ready, etc...to no avail. So I'm definitely missing an update or some additional software.

1. I installed Server WMC for Kodi and then pointed it to my Original HTPC with WMC on it. The picture was 100% fine. I then changed it back to 127.0.0.1 and I get the blocky picture again.
2. I installed Next PVR for Kodi and set it up, the picture was fine as well. (No TV Guide without paying for it though)
3. Uninstalled and Re-installed WMC and Windows Media Player
4. Uninstalled and reinstalled graphics drivers (Intel HD 5500)
5. Uninstalled and Reinstalled multiple codecs thinking that was the issue. No luck any which way.

I've come to the conclusion that it is something specifically related to the WMC software on this pc.

I could use Kodi with Server WMC and point it to my original htpc...I'm just hesitant to introduce another new application to the wife, whose already frustrated with the existing htpc :?

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? The OS is Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit.

Thanks!

Wilky13

Post by Wilky13 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:31 am

Go to Graphics Properties > Media > Image Enhancement > and uncheck Adaptive Contrast Enhancement. This feature messed up HD video with my iGPU (i3-2100).

stealth518

Post by stealth518 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:16 pm

Thanks...I didn't fine that exact setting, but played with some of the other options in the Intel Graphics Dialogue box. No luck though.

Any explanation as to why it works without an issue from the other PC and even in the HDHomerun view application, but not in WMC specifically?

Thanks!