WMC & Win 8.1: No Sleep

JWA

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC & Win 8.1: No Sleep

Post by JWA » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:39 am

So when recording manually entered timer recordings about 50% of the time my machine wakes up from user-induced sleep and works just fine. After timed program has been recorded it won't return to sleep, even Win sleep preferences to sleep after X hours no user input doesn't seem to work.

Using a WMC-compatible remote with sleep function works perfectly. I swear when first installing and running WMC set up there was a choice "return to sleep after recordings> or something similar.

Any ideas what to set or how to go about diagnosing this somewhat bothersome issue?

TIA.

dab2kab

Post by dab2kab » Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:08 am

I've had a similar failure to sleep issue with my windows 8.1 machine. The only sort of solution I've come up with is to use the program below. It allows you to set a timer and automatically shut down or sleep the pc after your recordings are done.
http://www.airytec.com/en/switch-off/

JWA

Post by JWA » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:53 am

Thanks for that advice and link----have downloaded it and will test first on my Win7 machine before transporting it to the never-online Win8.1 machine.

I think it will work exactly as delivered with no additional tweaking involved---forcing back to sleep at a pre-set daily time if WMC doesn't do that for me.

:D