Guide tile goes to Recorded TV

TechLifeWeb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Guide tile goes to Recorded TV

Post by TechLifeWeb » Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:04 pm

This is something that has happened to me for a long time. It doesn't happen ALL the time and I haven't figured out the sequence of events that has lead to it but maybe others have figured it out.

Sometimes, when I navigate to the Guide tile in media center via my remote, the tile looks like it is being pressed but the navigation goes to Recorded TV and I can't get to the guide in anyway unless I press the Guide Button on the remote or restart Media Center. If I press the Guide button on my remote, everything navigates as it should and I end up in the Guide. Then to problem will go away for awhile.

I think there is some kind of caching going on. I know sometimes if you try to go backwards from the guide you may have to click back several times until you get out to the mainmenu (unless you tap the green button and end up there). People at home are used to navigating around instead of pushing buttons like Guide and the Green Button.

Not a big deal but if you've figured this out, I'd like to know :)
Twitter: @TechLifeWeb

aeblank

Post by aeblank » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:25 pm

Happens to me too.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:31 pm

It's a well-known bug.

Before you go to Guide, scroll down to Tasks or up to Movies. Then scroll right back down and go to Guide. Voila, you get Guide.