Iowa USA guide data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
Ray Jorgensen

HTPC Specs: Show details

Iowa USA guide data

Post by Ray Jorgensen » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Just switched to OTA Tv. I can't get any guide date no matter what zip I put in. Help?

tmbeck7

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by tmbeck7 » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:53 pm

I am in Iowa too - I tried for three months to get WMC guide to download with all sorts of different zip codes. All I got was No data available in the guide and in the Error log it stated "Failed to retrieve nettv (Error: PackageName is invalid)
No matter how many times I try all the steps, listed on the community page, I still get this same error and no data in the guide.

I started over about 20 times, using different zip codes with no luck.

I finally found a work around and it is now working.

I had to edit the listing for each of the 68 channels we get and browse the listing and scroll through the channel list until I could pick the right from the list (and click save in order to get programs to show up on the guide. For instance, for MSNBC, I had to go to Edit Listing and then scroll through until I go to MSNBC and go to Save. Suddenly the program listing for MSNBC showed up on the guide. I had to do this same process for each channel, which took me 2 hours to get it all straight.

The names seem to be a bit different on the Rovi guide, which causes the new guide not to show up. I hope this can be fixed so I don't have to do this again.

Before, this I tried the DNS flush, reinstalling, restarting, deleting the ehome files, etc. Nothing worked but this.
tmbeck7