Cleaning up duplicate series (not recordings) in DB file

sfiorito

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cleaning up duplicate series (not recordings) in DB file

Post by sfiorito » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:40 pm

So after years of running my Win 7 WMC all of a sudden I have a problem with a bunch of duplicate series in my record settings. Now, I'm talking about series, not shows although it does end up with duplicate shows of course. I have no idea why or how this happened. I'm trying to figure out a way to clean up my series settings without having to reenter them manually, because there are dozens of duplicates. Supposedly the mcepg2*.db files are SQLite databases, but I'm not able to open them using any SQLite manager. While I could attempt to write something using the MCE APIs I was hoping someone else maybe has had a similar issue before?

glugglug

Post by glugglug » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:25 pm

You probably have different series IDs from Zap2It guide data vs. Rovi data after the changeover (or even in some cases Rovi vs Rovi, usually on two different channels), so while it looks like duplicates, they aren't really because there are two different series IDs. In fact, WMC won't normally let you enter the same series twice.

If there are any episodes airing in the next two weeks, you can go scheduled recordings and then select "series" from there, and see which one they show up in the schedule for -- that's the one you want to keep.

sfiorito

Post by sfiorito » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:32 pm

I ended up going through the backup XML file, clearing the duplicate series requests, then running loadmxf to generate a new DB. There were a couple series that would not pick up new showings and I had to re-add them from the guide, likely due to the switch-over as you said. Thanks!