How to remove recorded program thumbnails in WMC?

SugarFree

HTPC Specs: Show details

How to remove recorded program thumbnails in WMC?

Post by SugarFree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:05 pm

Been using WMC with a Ceton tuner card (Win 7) for several years. Hard drive with OS crashed, was replaced with new HD and clean Win install.

Storage drives are fine and recorded programs there. But... instead of showing them in a list as previously, they're now in one long line with thumbnails. Turned off "download icons" in settings, but that didn't fix it.

Can't remember now if that's only available from a previous third party program I need to reinstall, or if so, the name of it. Help will be appreciated!

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:31 pm

Not sure I have the problem right in my head, but... What if you click the info button while on the recorded tv page. If I am thinking of the same thing, you should get an option for showing the recordings in a list or as thumbnails. You may have to apply the same change at the top level, and inside each tv series.

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:05 pm

> click the info button while on the recorded tv page. If I am thinking of the same thing, you should get an option for showing the recordings in a list or as thumbnails.

There is no info button. If I click Recorded TV I'm taken to the page that shows all my recorded programs. They are in a long line. Each has a thumbnail picture of the program and just beneath that, the title and description. If I click the thumbnail I CA watch or delete. Nothing else.

Before the HD crash I had no thumbnails and no long line. Just the program name/description in a list, about 5 titles deep.

There does not appear to be a setting in WMC itself that allows me to choose "list". Do I need to reinstall a third party program that will give me that option?

SugarFree

Post by SugarFree » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Solved! Right-click on any program and choose"View "List". Thanks, Doctor Feelgood for pointing me in the right direction!