Channels in guide are off by 1

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
marvin-miller

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channels in guide are off by 1

Post by marvin-miller » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:36 am

Hi folks;

Windows 7 Media Center with a Hauppauge Collosus and their blaster installed. Been working great for many years....

It seems that around the time of the changeover to the Rovi Guide I started seeing intermittent issues where I would tune to channel 210 in the guide and it would send me to channel 211

This has continued for some time now, every time a recording starts it's on the next highest channel.

I don't think this has anything to do with Hauppauge or my Blaster - this has remained the same for years.

If I re-run Media Center setup and delete the eHome directory everything is fine....for a while. Usually within a week or so the issue will come back again. It keeps coming back.

I'm wondering if it might be due to Media Center checking for new channels, finding one, adding it to the guide, and then the listings go off by one.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I don't know enough about Media Center to figure it out. I do know one thing though that is odd - channel 206 is listed in the Guide twice (!!)

206 = WWJ HDTV-CBS
206 = Drama-Internet TV

I have no idea where this Drama-Internet TV came from but could it be the cause? I really could use some help here - this is really starting to ruin my life!