Lost my OTA guide

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
wilspin

HTPC Specs: Show details

Lost my OTA guide

Post by wilspin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:40 am

I ran out of guide listings tonight for OTA. I notice there is end date in about guide listings says expires tomorrow 6am. Not the guide end date says sept 27 but I have no data. Is this the end or what? Cable listing also have end date of sept 30th and are ok for now. I have bad feeling about this. Does not say 3 days left either. winding down of the guide service?

wilspin

Post by wilspin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:54 pm

today I located tool mc2.xml to download quality guide data from Schedules Direct who uses zap2it data(?) and imported it into WMC. Nice! back to the pre ROVI, what a nightmare that was. so I will be down about $40yr for subscriptions once trials expire and I need to automate the process on all my WMC PC's. took about 4 hours. :D

wilspin

Post by wilspin » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Manual guide working well. installed windows updates august and it pooched WMC crashing constantly, had to system restore machine to fix, BEWARE. guide continues to tell me about actual show details rather than that stupid ROVI that talks about the series in general and ruins sorting by original air date.

wilspin

Post by wilspin » Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:18 pm

just redid my laptop WMC still no data in Rovi OTA buffalo 14201, no matter will not be needing it.