YAMMM

sorethumbs

HTPC Specs: Show details

YAMMM

Post by sorethumbs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:22 pm

Does anyone use this? what is the most up to date version?
I have v1.0.3867.9926 but Mikinho's site says version available to download is 1.0.3778

Have i got newer version than on his site?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:35 pm

Even though the website says 1.0.3778, the actual download is 1.0.3867.

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:39 pm

How right you are - thanks for that Richard

Phil

STC

Post by STC » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:21 am

I see mikinho has become a member. Yay!
Looking forward to his great advice on most things techie :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

StumpyBloke

Post by StumpyBloke » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:23 pm

stonethecrows wrote:I see mikinho has become a member. Yay!
He has?? Much awesomeness!! :)
Rich

TechLifeWeb

Post by TechLifeWeb » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:23 am

Been using YAMMM for a while. I don't leave it running because I don't make changes to my Media Server all that much. When I add some new movies I start it up again, let it run over night and stop it in the morning. I actually run it on my laptop want update the server that way.
I set the service to start manually then I keep a batch file handy that I run as administrator with this in it: net start YammmSvc
Likewise, net stop YammmSvc in another batch file to stop the service when I don't want it to run.
Twitter: @TechLifeWeb

Ragin Cajun

Post by Ragin Cajun » Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:39 am

StumpyBloke wrote:
stonethecrows wrote:I see mikinho has become a member. Yay!
He has?? Much awesomeness!! :)
[Forum bows in honor]

blueiedgod

Post by blueiedgod » Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:44 pm

Hi,

I have used YAMMM a few times, and it always seems to stop ay about 80% of the folders.

Is there a limit on how many folders it will scan and update? We have about 1250+/- folders/movies. And I can't seem to get more than 1000 done.

I am running it from a network location, not necessarily on the server where the folders are physically located.

I have tried changing the length of time it keeps the previous results, but it always stops after about 1000 folders....

Anyone know why?

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:46 am

Have you confirmed that it actually stops at 1000, or could it be possible that it only found 1000 results and the rest didn't match anything in the database it uses?

sorethumbs

Post by sorethumbs » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:53 am

Right resurrecting this as got new query on it
Rebuilt pc - installed yammm - pointed it at my movies folder on another partition which is untouched by the rebuild
All the movies in their own folders with jpg art and xml files from prior to the rebuild when yammm was working fine.

Now just to test its all working ok i removed a film from the yammm monitored movies directory, deleted the jpg and xml and placed back into the movies directory thinking yammm would do its thing and update the missing info - i would then know everything working ok.

Nothing happened to my test film/folder so i opened up the taskbar to see if the yammm service/process was running (sorry not too technical bear with me), both were in the list, the service said it was running but the process was at 00 cpu usage so i'm guessing its not doing anything??

Searched around on net for yammm not updating and saw few posts about deleting the yammm cache folder within programdata so i found that deleted the contents, stopeed the yammm service and restarted it. The process column for yammm started to come to life, the cache folder was created once more and inside the cache folder a handful of xml files were created for my movie folder, then after couple mins nothing, no more activity, process for yammm dropped to 00 again. Stop and start the service again and a few more xml files appear in cache but not many then process goes back to 00. Its the same on a reboot, the yammm service seems to run for couple mins then says thats enough i'm gonna stop now.

Help