Windows or Radeon Drivers Broke IR Blaster?

achoren

HTPC Specs: Show details

Windows or Radeon Drivers Broke IR Blaster?

Post by achoren » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:08 pm

I've been running a Win7 32 bit, WMC setup with Hauppauge Colossus card connected to my DirecTV set top box (STB). About 2 weeks ago, the blaster through WMC started to tune to random channels regardless of which channel I selected in the guide. When opening the IR Blaster configuration utility and testing my code selection via blasting pre-selected channel inputs, the blaster/STB work flawlessly. It's only when I try to change channels within WMC that the blaster sends the wrong tv channel signal.

It had been working flawlessly for years, and just recently decided to get manic on me!

In a recent forum post, randalotto posted about the Radeon/Catalyst driver update disabling some video functions (http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... f=5&t=8966). I thought this as well and rolled back to my old Catalyst driver as well as disabled a handful of Windows updates that were installed around the time everything went haywire. No luck.

Any insight or shared experience to this? I can only think to buy a USB blaster and recode/program another interfacing item on my HTPC...a big PITA I'm not too enthused to do, but then again, I've already spent several hours trying to diagnose and correct this with no luck. And even more frustrating, WTF HTPC...you were working 100% fine for years until a couple of weeks ago!

And FWIW, I've been a very longtime follower of the threads on The Green Button. I've never contributed because the community has been so good at insight and sharing issues/solutions, I always found my answer from everyone on here already. An advanced, yet overdue thanks to everyone who has contributed in the past many years!

thecollector

Post by thecollector » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:53 pm

sorry new to this, io have the same problem with ir blaster and the way i work around this problem is to run wmc setup about every 3 weeks, mirror image and a fresh clean install of windows 7 always ended with wmc redircting channels. no real answer to the problem.

echo14612

Post by echo14612 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:11 pm

In my experience, when I'm getting recordings on the wrong channel, it has nothing to do with Radeon or the IR Blaster and everything with WMC. Rerunning WMC setup has always fixed the problem.

marvin-miller

Post by marvin-miller » Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:38 am

I have the same issue, when I choose channel 210 it sends me to 211. It always goes one channel high. If I remove the eHome directory and re-install Media Center the problem goes away. I suspect, but don't know for sure, if it's related to Media Center checking for new channels, finding one, and then the guide goes wonky.

For me, I can fix it for a week or two but it always comes back and starts tuning one channel high.

I'd love to case this thing once and for all.