DVRMSToolbox and Comskip help

silverbullet07

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVRMSToolbox and Comskip help

Post by silverbullet07 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:48 pm

I need some help to get DVRMSToolbox and Comskip working.

I installed these versions.
DVRMSToolbox1225
DTBAddin1007-R3

Do I have to get the donated comskip version or does the comskip81_069 version that is in their downloads section work with the WTV files?

So far DVRMSToolbox is detecting no commercials.

dkrom

Post by dkrom » Sat Feb 14, 2015 3:16 pm

I can't give you much info WTV files since mine are DVR-MS files (I have MCE2005), but I did find two sites that might help:
http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/04/updated- ... vr-ms.html for automatic conversion to DVR-MS format

OR

http://babgvant.com/forums/t/4335.aspx blog post says that you need to download a newer version of Comskip in order to have it work with your WTV files. Hopefully someone else can post some updated info for you if there is an easier way...

If those solutions don't work, I would suggest you try downloading an older version of DVRMSToolbox and seeing if that works. Make sure you uninstall the version you have first and the reboot before installing the older version (or try the latest one again). I seem to remember having errors when I didn't restart.

My MCE2005 never worked with the latest version of DVRMSToolbox that was released, so I've been running the older version flawlessly since 2008 (I do get an occasional extender error that just requires a reboot - maybe once every two months).

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:35 pm

Goto C:\Users\Public\DvrmsToolbox\CommercialsXml folder. Are you seeing any files in there?

When you installed DTB Add in & DvrMstoolbox, did you copy the files from the standalone Comskip download to C:\Program Files\DvrMsToolBox\Applications (Overriding the existing ones) ?

Did you configure MSToolbox (DvrMsToMpegSettings)? In the settings, make sure of the following:

DvrMsToolbox Tab - Preferred Analyzer = Comskip

File Watcher Tab - "Watched Directories" has the folder your recordings are going to

Commercial Skip tab - "Skip Display Type" = classic. I have Auto Skip, reload settings, skip back disable, suppress not found & suppress skip dialog checked

It's possible that those versions only work with DVR-MS files, and you might have to donate to both Comskip & DvrMsToolbox

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:19 pm

I always thought the dividing line for comskip was the new .wtv file format. Donator version required for that. Always has.

But I don't use comskip yet. I never moved over, since SA is working. I will move to comskip when I do a new machine.

shanew76

Post by shanew76 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 2:46 am

I'm new to WMC and have gotten lots of great help from you guys. I have DVRMS with comskip set up on an alternate PC and set to monitor a network folder were all of the recorded TV is stored. It works great if I manually run a TV show, but it will not monitor the folder for new shows as they come into the folder. Does anyone have any suggestions. I can provide more information if needed.

Venom51

Post by Venom51 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:42 pm

You may want to map the remote folder to a drive letter and the set that drive letter to be watched under the File Watcher tab of DVRMStoMPEGsettings although it should be able to watch the network path as well.

shanew76

Post by shanew76 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:11 pm

Venom51 wrote:You may want to map the remote folder to a drive letter and the set that drive letter to be watched under the File Watcher tab of DVRMStoMPEGsettings although it should be able to watch the network path as well.
I tried that with no luck, I wrote it as R:\ which is the drive letter I assigned. When I write the actual file path I list it as \\HTPC-SHANE\Recorded TV Am I writing out the file path in the write format it being on another computer? Neither computer ever sleeps so they should always be able to contact each other. I'm stumped as to what I could be doing wrong. Like I said it works great if I run the wtv file manually across the network.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:02 am

You'd be far better off scanning locally and not over the ether.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

shanew76

Post by shanew76 » Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:45 am

STC wrote:You'd be far better off scanning locally and not over the ether.
I tried that initially, but the CPU usage kept interfering with WMC, even when I would set it to ideal. It wouldn't cause it to crash but would cause it to loose audio every time it skipped over a commercial and the delay between every button press would be way too much to deal with. It's an AMD 4.5 six core processor with 8 MB RAM and it would max it out every time in ran. Any suggestions on the best way to configure it. Iv'e seen so many different configurations that I have no idea where to start. Is there a way to pause it? or have it only run during certain hours? How can I see what it is currently doing or cancel what it is doing? I've read where it says to open one of the files that you copy into the applications of DVRMS but none of them seem to work. I need a manual for Dummies....lol I'm running the latest Comskip donor version 81_070. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to get this working right.

mismjy1

Post by mismjy1 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:21 pm

I used to have DVRMStoolbox and ShowAnalyzer setup on a Win7 machine, and would like to do it again on a Windows 8.1 WMC machine.

However, it looks like the versions on Andy's web site are for old versions:
DVRMSToolbox 1.2.2.5
DTBAddin 1.0.0.7

From what I can glean, I need at least:
DVRMSToolbox 1.2.2.7
DTBAddin 1.0.0.9

I can find the links to the dowload pages for the new versions(e.g. http://babgvant.com/files/folders/eadt/entry20937.aspx), but when I try to download I get "access denied". Presumably this is due to the "early adopter" program - which of course is quite old now. I tried making the $5 donation, but still get the error.

Any pointers?

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:59 pm

Not sure about Win 7, but I saw some old posts about DVRMSToolbox commerical skip addin not working with Vista TV Pack due to a bug that M$ won't fix.

Sure enough, it doesn't work. :(

mismjy1

Post by mismjy1 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:55 pm

I now have DVRMSToolbox and ShowAnalyzer working on Windows 8.1. I found this post helpful: http://homeentertainmentguide.blogspot. ... r-for.html

To get 1.2.2.7 version of the toolbox, I ended up making a $5 contribution to Andy, and shortly received a message saying "good to go". At that point, I could download that version, and as suggested in the above post I downloaded the latest SA direct. Have not decided if I'll stick with SA or try ComSkip.

I forgot how much I love this feature! You wouldn't think it would make a big difference from a 30 second skip button, but streaming has raised my expectations for uninterrupted viewing.