Delay in tuning

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
rliepins

HTPC Specs: Show details

Delay in tuning

Post by rliepins » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi all

I have been having a problem since December. I have a PCI InfiniTV 4 that has been humming along well for a while. Since December, I have been noticing a delay in tuning both Live TV and in my recordings. There has always been a 2 to 5 second delay in tuning a channel for me, but now my recordings have an annoying 2 to 10 second black screen start before the actual channel starts playing. I have checked the files with VLC and they indeed have a few second black start before the show, so it isn't WMC.

I am curious if anyone else has this problem. I have updated the firmware to the latest (15.1.13.152) to see if it would fix the issue. It didn't. Is there a Windows update that may be the problem? I recall there was an update that was hampering live TV back in December and I did uninstall KB3004394. How can I best troubleshoot the issue?

My system specs: Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), i7-3770K, 16GB RAM, Windows Media Center, InfiniTV 4 PCi w/ latest beta driver and firmware.