Windows 10 Media Center

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
scrambler

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by scrambler » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:06 pm

Not sure what you mean by a little jittery, but there is a known problem with Nvidia cards than can cause flashing to black during Video playback (PC/HDTV Timing Bug manifestation of the 29/59 bug).
You can try the fix below
Open Nvidia Control panel > Adjust Desktop Settings > Select the TV (must be on to be visible) > Set “content type reported to the display” to “Full Screen Videos”.

shavid0610

Post by shavid0610 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:38 pm

scrambler wrote:Not sure what you mean by a little jittery, but there is a known problem with Nvidia cards than can cause flashing to black during Video playback (PC/HDTV Timing Bug manifestation of the 29/59 bug).
You can try the fix below
Open Nvidia Control panel > Adjust Desktop Settings > Select the TV (must be on to be visible) > Set “content type reported to the display” to “Full Screen Videos”.
By jittery I mean there is a stutter when watching live tv and digital content every 5 seconds or so.

My setting is already set to "full screen video".

Paul Anderegg

Post by Paul Anderegg » Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 am

I was getting a stutter in my WMC playback with the last two NVIDIA drivers.......almost looked like the video framerate was being messed with, speed up slow down, very irritating. Try going to the NVIDIA drivers page and loading a driver from May 2016 or something, that is what I did.

I had this driver stutter on my new HTPC and with my 2011 backup HTPC, both the newest (3.70/3.72?) drivers had that issue on both PC's.

Paul