I need Help with IR Blasters

mceguy...

HTPC Specs: Show details

I need Help with IR Blasters

Post by mceguy... » Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:51 am

Ok Win 7 Pro x64, I have DirecTV HD service w/ two STB (H10-100), running HDMI to two Colossus capture cards, I just got them working with two HD-PVR tuners in device manager, I have a USB MCE remote w/ 2 Blasters which worked great w/ the old 1850 tuner cards and SD service.

I can run the MCE tuner setup and it's able to setup 2 Satellite tuners and EPG, but it never runs any IR setup, like it would with my old tuners. I can even edit my lineup to split the signal sources, so they work independently.

The Hauppauge IR receiver/blaster is crap, and they don't support two in the same system.

I have use the Hauppauge MCE setup utility to configure the Colossus card(s) to use "external" Blasters port ID 0 & 1 and left the fields blank for App Path, and App Argument, but still MCE won't setup any blasters.

I have installed the IR Server Suite Test build 1.4.2.4290 and have come to an impasse in the setup, the instructions I'm reading are here: http://techlifeweb.com/how-to-set-up-ir ... ia-center/

And they now want me to change/add to my registry:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\PSWTuner\HCW49SWT\Blaster]
“ActiveBlaster”=dword:00000002
“ExtAppArgs”=”-host localhost -delay 250 -channel %c \”E.IR\””
“ExtAppName”=”C:\\Program Files\\IR Server Suite\\IRBlast-NoWindow.exe”

I have no problems with editing my registry, but Is all this accurate? It must be "old" as I don't have this same HKEY...
I have: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\PSWTuner

Should I add the extra folders? \HCW49SWT\Blaster with the extra info?

I did a search and found under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\hcw49swt this relates to the "Hauppauge HD-PVR tuner device", shouldn't I place these entries there?

Why can't I just find the entries for the USB HID transceiver and change those entries to activate when HD-PVR needs them? If I knew the Path to the App that controls the HID, wouldn't that work too? Do you think MS would give me that info?

OK, any help you can give me is appreciated...