No devices capable of playback

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
starbuckml

HTPC Specs: Show details

No devices capable of playback

Post by starbuckml » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:02 am

My Media Center can see the server and access the recorded tv and guide, but it wont let me control the server pc or the xbox 360 to start playback.

I'm running:

Windows 8.1 My Media Center Config 13.12.7.1361
Windows Phone 8.1 My Media Center App 1.3.2.1

royfripple

Post by royfripple » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:00 am

I'm having the same exact issue. I can access the guide and view and schedule recordings fine, however I get this error if I try to tune a channel or is the remote. It's been happening for probably a year now.

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:56 am

Ceton broke that feature over a year ago. See this thread: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=6238
One of the folks on that thread even contacted support - support reproduced it - and they said it would be fixed in the next release. It's been about a year, and they still haven't fixed it. At this point, I wouldn't hold your breath that they'll actually fix it like they promised nearly a year ago. There is a workaround in that thread. Reverting the Windows Services portion to an older version before Ceton broke it seemed to help in some cases.

royfripple

Post by royfripple » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:39 pm

UCBearcat wrote:Ceton broke that feature over a year ago. See this thread: http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... =63&t=6238
One of the folks on that thread even contacted support - support reproduced it - and they said it would be fixed in the next release. It's been about a year, and they still haven't fixed it. At this point, I wouldn't hold your breath that they'll actually fix it like they promised nearly a year ago. There is a workaround in that thread. Reverting the Windows Services portion to an older version before Ceton broke it seemed to help in some cases.

Thanks Bearcat! I just saw that thread yesterday. I submitted a ticket to Ceton for it yesterday as well, for whatever that's worth. I did still have some old installers from around that time so I'm going to just revert to one of those versions for now.