Beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV available - 14.10.3.163

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mdavej

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by mdavej » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:37 pm

mdavej wrote:Had to roll back. ETH is rebooting by itself daily at 3 AM, causing WMC to lose connection (DRM status RED).
Loaded the beta firmware again with the intention of opening a ticket, but no reboots so far in the past 24 hrs. Must have been a fluke the first time around or something my cable company was doing.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:36 am

Dkeyguy1 wrote:Recently rolled back 2 InfiniTV4 to 1226 to check on problem what turns out to be cablecard issue.
Upgraded from there to this one and seems no downside,,,2 days. I'll report back after next reboot about 10 days out.
Adams Cable, mixed signal, most mpeg some h264, Motorola cards, no TA. And I can't begin to tell ya,
They are still, still not done with the upgrades. Everything so far appears to be "Copy Freely" so far. No Clear QAM detected.
Well,
10 days, 12 hours, etc., yada, yada, haven't rebooted yet, all 8 tuners working like a charm......
Now I'll go a couple more weeks, but it looks pretty darn good

Atmos_User

Post by Atmos_User » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:36 pm

erkotz wrote:Hi all,
We've got a new beta firmware candidate for InfiniTV tuners. This firmware has the following changes:
-Workaround for issue in NDS CableCARDs
-Resolves an issue where CableCARD firmware updates may not succeed
-General stability improvements.

It is available at http://update.cetoncorp.com/get/infinit ... _163.IMAGE

I'm interested in feedback, whether it fixed an issue for you, no changes were noticed (so no regressions) or introduced a new issue. If you believe it introduced a new issue, please roll back to your prior firmware and confirm the issue goes away, and then let me know. Thanks!
My first post. I have a new ticket in with Ceton for the issues this firmware is supposed to address. Cox Cable pushed a couple firmware updates and I have been without TV for days. At this point upgrading to this beta is no risk for me. Curious though, how do you install this image since the diagnostic tool does not offer another method to update besides automatic online updates?

Thanks!

redstar92

Post by redstar92 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Hey Atmos you have to do this through the Cetons device webpage usually it's 192.168.200.1. Let me know if you need help

Atmos_User

Post by Atmos_User » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 pm

redstar92 wrote:Hey Atmos you have to do this through the Cetons device webpage usually it's 192.168.200.1. Let me know if you need help
Hey redstar, Yah, help would be greatly appreciated. I am computer savvy, just not familiar with this process at all. Thank you for the very prompt reply!

redstar92

Post by redstar92 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Atmos_User wrote:
redstar92 wrote:Hey Atmos you have to do this through the Cetons device webpage usually it's 192.168.200.1. Let me know if you need help
Hey redstar, Yah, help would be greatly appreciated. I am computer savvy, just not familiar with this process at all. Thank you for the very prompt reply!

No problem, just go to 192.168.200.1 in your browser (on the computer where Ceton is installed). It will open up to a page with a bunch of tabs on it. YOu should be on System by default, on the bottom there is a upload firmware area. Use the image that erkotz posted and upload it to your card. Whole process should take 5 minutes max. Hope this helps.

Atmos_User

Post by Atmos_User » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:07 am

redstar92 wrote:
Atmos_User wrote:

No problem, just go to 192.168.200.1 in your browser (on the computer where Ceton is installed). It will open up to a page with a bunch of tabs on it. YOu should be on System by default, on the bottom there is a upload firmware area. Use the image that erkotz posted and upload it to your card. Whole process should take 5 minutes max. Hope this helps.
The server is not responding, or it is taking to long for the server to respond, those are the message I am getting. Tried repair connection on IE and it says the issue is not on my end. I tried accessing the address on Safari, Firefox and IE 11. I am not sure if security settings or something else is causing the issue. Any ideas?

Thanks

steve511

Post by steve511 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:17 am

Saving to device failed, had this once before on the pcie4 tuner and had to send it in for a $25 service. I hope we dont need to do that again. Updating the eth went off without a hitch

Atmos_User

Post by Atmos_User » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:49 am

Since I can't update my previous post here's a new one. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Red, I ended up figuring it out ( 2 dozen or so things needed to be changed). I ended up upgrading the firmware to 14.10.3.163 BETA from 14.6.2.. beta which was completely inoperable with the updates my provider pushed through. I have the InfiniTV6 PCIe running again.

What I noticed is the display driver will be inaccessible to WMC when Acronis is performing a backup (did not do this before) and it requires a restart of WMC to watch TV when Acronis finishes. Or if I try to shutdown and am reminded a show is being recorded I cancel the shutdown and renter WMC and attempt to tune into the channel and cancel the recording from there, I get the same error (below) which did not happen before either.

"Video Error
Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working properly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer."

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:42 pm

Atmos_User wrote:"Video Error
Files needed to display video are not installed or are not working properly. Restart Windows Media Center or restart the computer."
I had this problem and this seems to have fixed it - not sure why. It's worth a try, make sure exclusive mode is unchecked.

Dkeyguy1

Post by Dkeyguy1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:10 pm

Atmos_User wrote:Since I can't update my previous post here's a new one. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Red, I ended up figuring it out ( 2 dozen or so things needed to be changed). I ended up upgrading the firmware to 14.10.3.163 BETA from 14.6.2.. beta which was completely inoperable with the updates my provider pushed through. I have the InfiniTV6 PCIe running again.

What I noticed is the display driver will be inaccessible to WMC when Acronis is performing a backup (did not do this before) and it requires a restart of WMC to watch TV when Acronis finishes. Or if I try to shutdown and am reminded a show is being recorded I cancel the shutdown and renter WMC and attempt to tune into the channel and cancel the recording from there, I get the same error (below) which did not happen before either.

"Video Error
Make sure you aren't having compatibility issues with the version of Acronis you're running. I ended up completely removing an old version before ending my troubles.

Atmos_User

Post by Atmos_User » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:48 pm

mldenison wrote:
Atmos_User wrote:"Video Error
I had this problem and this seems to have fixed it - not sure why. It's worth a try, make sure exclusive mode is unchecked.

I use to have that problem previously myself and I am aware of it...and no it is not set for exclusive mode =o)
Dkeyguy1 wrote: Make sure you aren't having compatibility issues with the version of Acronis you're running. I ended up completely removing an old version before ending my troubles.
I would, however windows backup is inoperable for some odd reason, which is why I purchased Acronis. Thanks though.

golfdude

Post by golfdude » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:12 am

when you want to share tuners in the ETH, do you recommend assigning tuner 6 to the other device, or tuner 1 .. it seems to always use tuner 4 on the main machine instead of going in tuner order despite having tuners 1-5 assigned to it..

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:59 am

golfdude wrote:when you want to share tuners in the ETH, do you recommend assigning tuner 6 to the other device, or tuner 1 .. it seems to always use tuner 4 on the main machine instead of going in tuner order despite having tuners 1-5 assigned to it..
It doesn't matter. FYI the tuner assignment logic is:
1. Attempt to assign requested physical tuner (so if tuner 4 is requested, tuner 4 will be assigned if available)
2. If not assign tuner 0
3. If not assign tuner 1
4. If not assign tuner 2
etc
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

pmrowley

Post by pmrowley » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:20 pm

Updated to new firmware; InfiniTV PCIe-4 is fine. InfiniTV PCIe-6 does not show any "program" listings when manually tuning a channel in the web page. Cable Card is verified as paired correctly.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:58 pm

pmrowley wrote:Updated to new firmware; InfiniTV PCIe-4 is fine. InfiniTV PCIe-6 does not show any "program" listings when manually tuning a channel in the web page. Cable Card is verified as paired correctly.
Try refreshing the page - sometimes it takes longer to tune than it takes for the page to load. If this still fails, did it work on old firmware?

pmrowley

Post by pmrowley » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:38 am

erkotz wrote:
pmrowley wrote:Updated to new firmware; InfiniTV PCIe-4 is fine. InfiniTV PCIe-6 does not show any "program" listings when manually tuning a channel in the web page. Cable Card is verified as paired correctly.
Try refreshing the page - sometimes it takes longer to tune than it takes for the page to load. If this still fails, did it work on old firmware?
Refreshing the page doesn't work; when tuning, the "programs field", which is a live display, shows "Loading" then "No Programs" instead of a set of numbers, like on the InfiniTV-4. This was working prior to update. Can I have a link for the previous stable version for my -6?

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 am

pmrowley wrote:
erkotz wrote:
Refreshing the page doesn't work; when tuning, the "programs field", which is a live display, shows "Loading" then "No Programs" instead of a set of numbers, like on the InfiniTV-4. This was working prior to update. Can I have a link for the previous stable version for my -6?
What version were you running? Also please open a support ticket

pmrowley

Post by pmrowley » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:43 pm

erkotz wrote:
pmrowley wrote:
What version were you running? Also please open a support ticket
I was running whatever was downloaded via the "Updates" page on the diagnostics. I didn't pay attention to the version number. I have a ticket open now. reverted back to the beta that's posted in this thread, but my card is still not resolving the programs when changing channels on any of the 6 tuners.

cybrsage

Post by cybrsage » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:36 pm

Uptime is 6 days 20 hours 16 minutes 56 seconds with the new firmware and no issues at all.