UK Freview growing list of missing guide data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

UK Freview growing list of missing guide data

Post by IT Troll » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:47 pm

The list of UK Freeview channels which are missing guide data seems to be steadily growing. I am now missing:

4seven
4seven HD
Channel 4+1 HD (for this one I can just use the SD guide data)
Channel 5+24
Drama
ITV 3+1
ITV 4+1
Movie Mix

Any hope these will be added?
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

dx30

Post by dx30 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:49 pm

Try re-running "Set Up TV Signal" and then use GuideTool. Using "All lineups" you should get guide data for 4seven, Channel 5+24 and Drama.

Movie Mix seems to just be a placeholder with no actual guide data while ITV3+1 and ITV4+1 don't have the Freeview cutdown versions so for those I currently rely on the broadcaster data.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Thanks that was a good tip. I actually re-ran Set Up TV Signal not long ago so I skipped straight into GuideTool. With this I have fixed the majority of the missing channel guide data; not sure why I couldn't select these through the regular Media Center UI.

The only ones I am missing now are Drama and Film 4+1. These don't seem to have a matching Freeview lineup, although they are listed for satellite and cable. Is it safe to pick one if these instead? If so which is the best one to go with?
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

dx30

Post by dx30 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:38 am

For Drama and Film4+1 I did a "Subscribe by call sign" using the GuideTool "All lineups" so I'm not really sure which version I ended up with (I suspect they are all the same anyway).

mercalia

Post by mercalia » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:03 pm

In London so many of the default EPG assigments are missing using ( or just not assigned) I think just the broadcast data. I have to manually do the epg assigments for even BBC 1 and 2 lol.