TV Guide Listings partially missing starting July 27 at 8pm

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
rakosnik

HTPC Specs: Show details

TV Guide Listings partially missing starting July 27 at 8pm

Post by rakosnik » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:12 pm

Starting tomorrow (Sunday, July 27th) at 8 pm my TV guide listings are missing show data for some, but not all of my channels. Channels 701-711 (mostly the broadcast networks: ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, CW, PBS, ION, MyTV, and PeachtreeTV) have complete guide listings even past the 27th at 8 pm. But the rest of my channels where it would normally have the names of TV shows it just says, "No data available." I live near Athens, Georgia and I have Charter Cable. My father who lives about 5 miles away and has a similar HTPC and also has Charter cable and has the same problem.

We have both tried updating the guide manually by getting the lastest guide listings through the task menu in Windows Media Center and it tells us it was unable to get the latest guide listings.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:55 pm

I have guide listing past the 27th. Usually if it's a guide data issue then we all share the problem. You will have to rerun TV setup and edit your channel line-up again (assuming you have before). This happens from time to time, not sure why. Somebody here might be able to offer that insight.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:02 pm

check your zip with Zap2its listings see if your cable co is making lineup changes.

http://www.zap2it.com/tvlistings
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 pm

Charter has simply changed their lineup since they're shutting down analog and rolling out new channels nationwide. The old lineup no longer exists (hence the failures you're seeing), so you have to pick the new lineup name, or wait a couple of weeks when they change the lineup name back the way it was.

Just do this:

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 520#p76348

rakosnik

Post by rakosnik » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:21 pm

I don't understand why this is happening now. Charter's new lineup went into affect in my area on June 10th. I ran setup again. There was only one Charter Cable listed for my zip code. But after I was done running setup and it finished downloading the guide I had complete channel listings. I'm hoping that since there was only one Charter cable listed that I won't need to run setup again.

Thank you for your help. :D

mdavej

Post by mdavej » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:12 pm

Glad it worked out.

What's been happening with Charter is they change the name of the lineup at the beginning of the rollout, so you have to run setup at that time to get the new one, just as you did. Then weeks or months later, that lineup is removed and the original lineup name comes back. So you have to run setup again to stop using the new one which no longer exists and go back to the original. Same thing happened in my area.