Echo wont connect after installing different theme

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
Dsmevolution

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo wont connect after installing different theme

Post by Dsmevolution » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:33 am

Hello!

I've been trolling this site for years just reading, but never never registered. Today though, i'm in need of some help.

Last night I installed a different theme (Media Center Studio method) and added the My Channel Logos tweak so I could get more use from my system. My HTPC runs PERFECT with these tweaks, but today when I went to turn on my Ceton Echo, it lost its pairing to the HTPC and wont go through the Add Extender setup on the HTPC. On the HTPC, it just errors out saying that it couldn't connect to the device.

Has anyone seen this? Do I need to back out my changes or is there something I have to do to allow the extender to complete its setup now?

My rig (In case you need to know):

Intel Core 2 Duo
4 Gigs of DDR2 RAM
Ceton InfiniTV 4 Quad Tuner
2TB HDD
Lite-On Blu-Ray Reader
Windows 7 x64

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:50 am

Make sure the Media Center Extender service is running and set to automatic startup

Edit: typo

Dsmevolution

Post by Dsmevolution » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:26 am

Ed  wrote:Make sure the Media Center Extender service is running and set to automatic startup

Edit: typo
I'll check that out. I'm curious as to what in those tweaks that I performed could cause the extender service to not automatically start, even after rebooting?

Ed 

Post by Ed  » Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:32 am

Mine disabled itself out of the blue and I had to set it back to autostart; so you never know.

pc210018

Post by pc210018 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:23 am

Did you get this resolved? I just bought an Echo that goes through all the setup except for the last step where it tries to connect (where it times out). I have a theme installed too. But my other 2 Xbox 360's connect fine.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:26 am

pc210018 wrote:Did you get this resolved? I just bought an Echo that goes through all the setup except for the last step where it tries to connect (where it times out). I have a theme installed too. But my other 2 Xbox 360's connect fine.
Try adjusting the router. Make a DHCP reservation for the Echo.