Ready to build new HTPC...New Functionality?

bytor

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by bytor » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:37 am

So,

I have finally built my HTPC and I'm typing this email from it. I moved all of my movies and music from the old system. I copied my recording schedule. I am currently moving my recorded tv files over. I have set up the new HDHR, but I ran into some issues with the antenna and that will be in the next few weeks. It has not been without issues, however, and that is almost to be expected. I ran into a problem with the SP1 files that I pre-downloaded as it converted my valid install to a non-genuine install. Restored a few times to take care of that and an issue with the mouse and keyboard not working in windows once I installed the intel chipset drivers. That was a tough one to fix since it nothing would work in windows. I was able to get media center studio running and update my theme, but it is not allowing me to turn off and adjust the menu order (I know there is something else I need to do, but can't point a finger on it).

Here is where I am currently: I installed MediaBrowser Classic and the server and got that up an running, but the server locked up while reading the library. Every time I try to configure Classic it comes up with an error. Also, the server dashboard will not pull up any plug-ins which is frustrating.

We tried to play a DVD tonight, but for some reason it won't extend out to full screen like it is playing inside a 4:3 window (this also seems familiar).

I just created a restore point and now I will try to configure the codecs. I am still torn between LAV and FFDshow. I'd just use LAV if it upconverted audio to 5.1 sound, but I don't believe it will do that.

I was surprised that my TV found the MediaBrowser server so easily, however, my tablet doesn't see it. It must have something to do with the wireless vs wired settings.

I still need to decide on how I'm going to handle BluRays.

Good Times,

Bytor

christoph86

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by christoph86 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:48 pm

Try shutting down the MB3 server and then restarting it to see if it will be able to finish the scan if you haven't tried that yet. If that doesn't work maybe try to reinstall it.

For the DVD have you played with the zoom settings within WMC to see if you can get it full screen?

What kind of tablet are you using? Android, Apple? I know the Android app finds the server automatically the first time you run it as long as the server is up and running.