Two issues with ETH 6

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
mldenison

HTPC Specs: Show details

Two issues with ETH 6

Post by mldenison » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:19 pm

I would be happy with my HTPC running two ETH's and my two Echos if three ongoing issues were addressed:

1. The occasionally lockup on the Echos while watching Live TV, Recorded TV and mpg videos we watch. The only resolution at this point is to reboot the Echo. Occasionally I'll have to restart WMC.

2. The occasionally 'No Signal Detected' when a scheduled recording starts even though the recording actually does start. Timing issue on the tuners?

3. The occasional 'Subscription Required' message during viewing or recording.

[Moderator note: topic split from 'Echo development is dead' thread]

dabretty

Post by dabretty » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:32 pm

#2 and #3 were solved for me by migrating to HDHRP tuners. I believe you're right in terms of WMC having issues with a slow-to-boot tuner device.

I agree it's probably time to consider the Echo a legacy device. Since the Android development fell through, the only news from Ceton has been regarding their lawsuit with Gibson. Seems like we're due for an update in that area ...

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:11 pm

In regards to #2 and #3: If you have a Tuning Adapter, see my advice in the following link (see post #8 and #9):
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 660#p73660

I do agree that the HDHRP tunes much faster than the InfiniTV, and it also solves some of the other problems that are caused by the InfiniTV... but you really need to get your signals correct before going out to buy a new tuner.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:09 pm

barnabas1969 wrote:In regards to #2 and #3: If you have a Tuning Adapter, see my advice in the following link (see post #8 and #9):
http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 660#p73660

I do agree that the HDHRP tunes much faster than the InfiniTV, and it also solves some of the other problems that are caused by the InfiniTV... but you really need to get your signals correct before going out to buy a new tuner.
Luckily, I think, no tuning adapter.

I have no knowledge about HDHRP tuners, but I've got too much $$$ un the ETH's to switch.