Live TV annoyance (2 of them)

gfxcell

HTPC Specs: Show details

Live TV annoyance (2 of them)

Post by gfxcell » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:00 pm

I have everything connected correctly I believe.
W7 x64, C2Q, 8GB Yuan tuner card. Comcast Cable.

(for my purposes this is the setup I want unless its the root of problem)

I am going WALL CABLE> HD DVR CABLE BOX> COAX > TV TUNER/PC> WMC (as analogue antenna, I just want to see what's running through cable box) > HDMI > TV

Issue 1.
when I first start WMC:
Whenever I start WMC to watch Live TV It opens fine, I hear about 1 sec of audio on a black screen and then is stays black and silent. the progress bar is moving.

If I slide back wards on the progress bar all is fine and TV broadcast is there and if I bring it as far forward as I can it continues to play fine.

I think what is happening is when live TV in coming in WMC is initially staying ahead of the broadcast and showing only black. Is this normal, is there a real fix?
Currently I just side the slider on progress bar back and forth quickly and all is good, but that can't be the permanent fix can it?

Issue 2.
Even while TV in WMC is playing, my screen saver comes on (this doesn't happen when watching movie in VLC).
solution besides disabling screensaver al together?

sbaeder

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by sbaeder » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:27 pm

I am "assuming" that WMC is in full screen mode, and not in a wondow - Or is it? I haven't seen screen saver kick in when full screen takes over entire screen...Of course, there is the WMC's screen saver in that case, when nothing is playing :-)

On the capture/viewing of the cable DVR...is it "ON" before you fire up the PC and/or WMC? What happens if you change channels wile WMC is playing the live TV signal? Can you ouput the analog signal to either channel 3 or 4 and does that make any difference?