No TV Signal

MrB!

HTPC Specs: Show details

No TV Signal

Post by MrB! » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi Folks,

Maybe you can help me. I've been using Win7 MC for a few years, last week my HDD died so replaced with a new SSD for a boot drive and a HDD for data storage. Carried out a complete clean re-build, only win7, virus protection (AVAST free), MCE Standby tool and imon, that's it. All latest updates applied. I'm using a Blackandgold BGT3650 (4 x DVB-T tuners) with latest drivers (v9.1.0.5).

When I start MC it fires up fine, go to live TV and it will often show 'No TV Signal'. If I change from channel 1 (BBC1 east) to channel 2 (BBC2) TV is shown, switch back to 1 and the channel is shown and then works fine. This occurs almost every time I start MC, but always after waking from sleep.

I took a look at the source (Settings\TV\Guide\edit channels\BBC1\Edit Sources and re-ordered the tuners assigned, all show exactly the same signal strength, as expected because they are all fed from the same aerial. After re-ordering the tuner priority it now only seems to have a problem after waking from sleep and when it starts it should go straight to BBC1, which it tries to do but shows 'no tv signal', switching to BBC2 now seems to show a problem as well (no tv signal) but then clears when I go back to BBC1. Subsequent channel selections work until the machine is put back to sleep and then awoken.

I did try rolling the TV card drivers back, but the older version refuses to install even after clearing all the old drivers and associated files (As per B&G instructions).

My next action will be to re-install everything (win7, etc) from scratch again and try to get the TV card drivers I was using before to load.

Prior to the re-build it was working OK (albeit some other quirks).

Hope this makes some sense and if anyone out there has any ideas/suggestions/fixes - I'd be happy to try/receive them.

Thanks in advance

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:38 pm

I've heard no end of issues with blackgold cards. Is it the hd one ? If not I'd look at picking up a cheap hauppaugge one they're rock solid!
Lee

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:39 pm

Also might be worth trying it in a different slot if you have one free..
Lee

MrB!

Post by MrB! » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:15 pm

Yeah it is a B&G HD card and after some initial probs it's been rock steady for over 18 months. I'm sure it's a driver issue after wake but I can't seem to isolate or find a fix. I've tried 2 other slots and various sleep states, mobo options etc, but still no joy. Annoyingly it wasn't a problem before I was forced to rebuild.

MrB!

Post by MrB! » Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:18 pm

For the sake of anyone else having the same problem I've fixed it! After several re-builds I eventually managed to re-install the earlier B&G BG36xx drivers, v8.1.1.2 and now the machine wakes and operates as it should. It seems it was an issue with the later v9.1.0.5 drivers.