DVDFab Shut Down by Feds

Latest and Greatest in the world of Technology and/or Media Center.
TheOsburnFamil

HTPC Specs: Show details

DVDFab Shut Down by Feds

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:41 am

"U.S. Court Orders Seizure of “DVD Ripping” Software Domains and Funds"
http://torrentfreak.com/u-s-court-order ... ds-140310/

Alternative sites available with other urls...
http://www.ghacks.net/2014/03/11/dvdfab ... ernatives/

Very interesting news... So much for FairUse.
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:21 am

Damn - that is crazy - why just DVDFab?

It looks like winxdvd.com is safe for now, but I just updated my software to the latest version in case they get targeted... :lol:

TheOsburnFamil

Post by TheOsburnFamil » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:29 am

Yeah-- Makes me wonder what's really going on here. You'd think they'd go after Slysoft first. What's this world coming to!? LOL
Matt O. ...tivo what? ...dish dvr--uh... huh? ...cable dvr fees--you're kidding, right?

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:19 am

TheOsburnFamil wrote:So much for FairUse.
Does the DMCA contain any fair use clauses? You've also got to remember that to the content industry, the only fair use is one where you pay every time.
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:50 pm

I'm not sure how they can stop a Chinese company in a US court.

werds

Post by werds » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

Well that just made things interesting. Will their changing to a Chinese TLD do anything to keep them up and running or just delay the inevitable? I ask since their .cn site is accessible...

werds

Post by werds » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:32 am

werds wrote:Well that just made things interesting. Will their changing to a Chinese TLD do anything to keep them up and running or just delay the inevitable? I ask since their .cn site is accessible...
From DVDFab .com to DVDFab .cn
To every single person in DVDFab Team, March 10, 2014 is a gloomy day, as some of you might have already found that people were experiencing some tough time accessing www. dvdfab .com. As it turned out, our portal site DVDFab.com was temporarily blocked by some third party organizations in the States, misleadingly convincing people that DVDFab Was Down, which was not the case!
Here, DVDFabbers all around the world, please accept our sincere apologies, if any inconvenience or uneasiness this situation was causing and is going to cause you in a few days to come. We promise to work this out as soon as we can, through any possible means. And we also assure you that your licenses and customer data are completely safe and unreachable.
We did not in the past and will not forever in the future advocate wrongdoings with our products. What we were and will be continuing doing is to offer you the best tool to make backups of your DVD and Blu-ray discs you legally purchased with your hard earned money, for your own non-commercial usage. We believe people shall have this right! That's why despite DVFab.com was temporarily suspended, all the developers and every single staff in DVDFab Team will continue to work hard to make DVDFab products better and better.
Our new official website is now www. dvdfab .cn. Nothing has been changed, except the "dot com".
Development Continues, Many New Versions Out!
Right after we restored our business at http://www.dvdfab.cn, we get DVDFab 9.1.3.3 for both Windows and Mac released. The stunning video trimming feature previously debuted in DVDFab 9.1.3.1 for Windows is now making its presence in version 9.1.3.3 for Mac. And part of this update is to inform our customers of the new download center at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

DVDFab Needs Your Voices
We are sparing no effort to reverse the current situation! People are voicing their supports to the return of DVDFab, by tweeting the hashtag #DVDFabComeBack. We need convince them that DVDFab is a life companion to improve people's entertainment lives. DVDFab did not in the past and will not in the future encourage piracies, because people are using the software for their personal uses at home only, they are not making profits from it. So, no commercial purpose is ever attached! Join them at http://www.ilikedvdfab.com.
Dear DVDFabbers, stay with us! Things will be better tomorrow!
Best Regards
DVDFab Team
The last link sends you to a site that allows you to add your vote via Twitter and has a graphic that gave me a slight chuckle =)

*Modified some of the URL's to fit in the 3 hyperlink rule*