Pesky display driver error

BrknDwn

HTPC Specs: Show details

Pesky display driver error

Post by BrknDwn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 am

I had to replace the motherboard. Now WMC post the error "The video playback device does not support playback of protected content." WMC was working normally before the motherboard.

This other issue may be related, or may not. I dunno for sure. Anyway, since replacing the motherboard Internet Explorer 11 posts "certificate errors" for just about every web site. I understand this error may be caused by a system time issue. I set the Windows time and, much to my disbelief, found no clock setting in the bios!!! The bios time shows the same as Windows system time. Like the bios got the time from Windows.

Any thoughts on WMC?

Thanks,
Terry

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:47 am

It's a little more than Pesky. Sorry for your loss. Lose the motherboard-lose the protected movies. It's just not fair.

I don't know about the time thing.

BrknDwn

Post by BrknDwn » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm

I should have made clear - the error occurs when I try to watch live TV.

*****edit*******
The time and certificate issues "seem" to have fixed themselves.

Terry

leroys1000

Post by leroys1000 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Frankly with changing the motherboard,you are lucky that it boot at all unless it is the exact same model motherboard.
I tried booting a windows 8 system on new hardware and it did install default drivers and boot,but it was no longer activated
and I ended up with so many problems and crashes I had to do a clean install and phone in activation.

Try uninstalling the old drivers for any of the hardware devices like your TV tuner.
Make sure to install drivers for your new motherboard,then install drivers for your hardware.
You will probably need to at least run TV setup again.

Once you know it is running without crashing or hanging,check windows activation and see if you need to activate again.

If you used the same model motherboard,you may just need to reinstall your drivers and run TV setup.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:12 pm

Have you looked into "Reset DRM"?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/891664