Dropping frames / jerky video

mattgoyer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Dropping frames / jerky video

Post by mattgoyer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:00 am

Win7, everything up-to-date according to Windows Update and ATSC playback is very jerky. If I watch ATSC in Easy HDTV it looks fine. The startup animation for WMC is also pretty jerky...

Any ideas on how to fix?

mistarick

Post by mistarick » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:40 am

Do other programs open and run fine? Sounds like something's hogging some system resources. Has this pc been functioning previously or new build? Is your pc installing updates elsewhere or in the background?

jjwatmyself

Post by jjwatmyself » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 am

What is your video adapter model?

Is it resolved when viewed as a smaller window? If so, the GPU is likely underpowered or missing the correct driver.

mattgoyer

Post by mattgoyer » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:44 am

Nothing else is running. Easy HDTV has no problem with ATSC viewing.

It is an older build but I haven't been really watching ATSC so I don't know if it is a new issue or not.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:54 pm

Any Codec packs installed? Also, I don't know what Easy HDTV is. It is possible that the Easy HDTV software installed some codecs that are causing a problem. You might want to download and install Graph Edit, and then use it to view the Graph for one of your recorded ATSC shows to see which codecs are being used to play the wtv and/or dvr-ms files. Post back here with screen shots of Graph Edit and we can help you figure out if it's a codec issue.