Another infiniTV6 ETH owner with TA problem

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
cs51762

HTPC Specs: Show details

Another infiniTV6 ETH owner with TA problem

Post by cs51762 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:39 pm

I posted this at AVSForum, also.

I just got a infiniTV6 ETH and of course, I'm having a problem. The first picture below shows the Tuning Adapter driver isn't installed. The second picture shows the TA information. This is the Motorola TA and notice that the software version is not the latest and that the number of tuners is 4, not 6. The third picture shows the TA information for my other TA attached to a PC with an infiniTV4 PCIe. Notice the newer software version and the number of tuners is 6. Has anyone here seen this before? Thanks.

Mike Fields

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:45 pm

I would look into getting a different TA from your cable co, or see if they can push a new firmware to you. My MTR-700 (hardware version 258) is on MTR_PLAT01.37, just as yours in the 3rd picture shows, and mine tells me Number Of Tuners: 6 even though I have an ITV 4. I assume that indicates the number of tuners the TA can accomodate.

An easy test would be to swap the 2 TAs and see if you get all 6 tuners working on your new ETH.

cs51762

Post by cs51762 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:33 pm

smcmillan2 wrote:I would look into getting a different TA from your cable co, or see if they can push a new firmware to you. My MTR-700 (hardware version 258) is on MTR_PLAT01.37, just as yours in the 3rd picture shows, and mine tells me Number Of Tuners: 6 even though I have an ITV 4. I assume that indicates the number of tuners the TA can accomodate.

An easy test would be to swap the 2 TAs and see if you get all 6 tuners working on your new ETH.
Update. I finally got some time to work on it last night and I found that I can tune in all the channels I'm supposed to get and I can record 6 different channels at the same time. Makes no sense. The Ceton tech that's working with me on this sent me a link to a beta update, but I won't to swap the TAs, as you suggested, before I do that. I don't like it that the yellow light is flashing on the TA and the Ceton software is showing problems with the TA even though it seems to be working right. Thanks.
Mike Fields

smcmillan2

Post by smcmillan2 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:33 pm

cs51762 wrote:
smcmillan2 wrote:I would look into getting a different TA from your cable co, or see if they can push a new firmware to you. My MTR-700 (hardware version 258) is on MTR_PLAT01.37, just as yours in the 3rd picture shows, and mine tells me Number Of Tuners: 6 even though I have an ITV 4. I assume that indicates the number of tuners the TA can accomodate.

Update. I finally got some time to work on it last night and I found that I can tune in all the channels I'm supposed to get and I can record 6 different channels at the same time. Makes no sense. The Ceton tech that's working with me on this sent me a link to a beta update, but I won't to swap the TAs, as you suggested, before I do that. I don't like it that the yellow light is flashing on the TA and the Ceton software is showing problems with the TA even though it seems to be working right. Thanks.
Hmmm, the yellow light shouldn't be flashing. According to my manual that indicates "The MTR cannot lock to the cable network. Check the RF IN connection". Odd that it is working. Does the Ceton Tuning Adapter page still show zero for Number of Channels and Channel Maps Received? Maybe try a different coax cable on the TA?

cs51762

Post by cs51762 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 pm

I'm sorry that I've taken so long to get back to this thread, but I've been really busy. Good news. Last week, our Charter phone went out and the technician that came to replace the modem was able to get the Tuning Adapter working. He had to call in to the Charter office and get them to do something to get it to connect on their end (can't remember the word he used). Now why couldn't the two techs I talked to on the phone do it?! That really ticks me off.
Mike Fields