Switched to Antenna - All Channels not Showing

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
sjschmidtky

HTPC Specs: Show details

Switched to Antenna - All Channels not Showing

Post by sjschmidtky » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:34 pm

I recently turned off my cable service and using an antenna. I'm able to see about 35 channels on my home TVs. In trying to get the Ceton Infinitv4 to work, I've configured for antenna (manual configuration). It scans to find only 10 stations (vs. the 35). Even when trying to tune in some of the 10, I get a "Service is Unavailable" message. I'm able to see a few live. So, the number of channels should be greater, and even those found in the scan are not showing live.

Any help available would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Steve

spanner

Post by spanner » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:56 pm

Got this off of Cetons FAQ "ATSC (e.g. over-the-air digital broadcast): InfiniTV is designed for digital cable and does not support over-the-air ATSC broadcasts. Low-cost ATSC TV tuners are available from a number of manufacturers. You can install InfiniTV tuners as well as ATSC and/or analog tuners on the same PC. "

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:42 pm

Yeah that tuner is only for digital cable. You need something like this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6815100044

sjschmidtky

Post by sjschmidtky » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Darn, I liked it working through Media Player. Are there recommended devices for tuners that work well with Media Player so I can save my programs and view on XBoxes elsewhere in my home?

3rob3

Post by 3rob3 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:17 pm

If you mean Media Center than yeah, the one I linked above. Or a SiliconDust HDhomerun.