Cannot record my local FOX station

Hurracayne_dre

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cannot record my local FOX station

Post by Hurracayne_dre » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:11 am

This is the weirdest thing, I was able to record the station before but since the end of the year.

It doesn't matter which day of the week I can't record any of the shows. It get a copyright flag every time.

I had my HTPC for years and never had a problem So I am open to suggestions.

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:47 am

Back in 2012 for a few weeks some of us with the ceton tuner had problems with the new season of fox programs and copyright flags. It had to do with how local stations flagged their content. It was explained near the end of this thread http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 808#p28808 Yours could be a similar problem.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:49 am

This has exactly nothing to do with your HTPC. That no-copy flag did not come from your system. Your broadcaster has, probably accidentally, implemented that. Your HTPC is merely honoring it. In other words, your HTPC is functioning flawlessly. Unfortunately, in this case "functioning flawlessly" does not equate to "doing what you want it to do".

Call your local Fox affiliate and ask to speak with the station engineer. He might be very happy to talk with you and validate all of this. Or, he might validate that he's not doing anything and that your cable company is to blame.

Unless, of course, you're recording OTA--in which case it's just the broadcaster, nobody else. And OTA broadcasts are never, ever flagged as never copy. That's why I presume you're on a cable system.

If it's not the local broadcaster doing something to the signal it sends to your cable company, if in fact it's your cable company, good luck. All I can say is, if they won't fix it then write to whatever entity manages their license in the city and complain--with a copy to the cable company.

Hurracayne_dre

Post by Hurracayne_dre » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:01 am

Great now I can't record FX either. Just tried to record Archer and got the flag

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:38 am

collect a Ceton Diagnostic capture immediately after the recording takes place (must be before a sleep or reboot) and open a support ticket with Ceton. They have helped in the past with these issues, might be worth a try

Hurracayne_dre

Post by Hurracayne_dre » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:07 am

will do