Why is WMC so determined to not cancel a recording?

stevethebrain

HTPC Specs: Show details

Why is WMC so determined to not cancel a recording?

Post by stevethebrain » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:44 am

Why is WMC so determined to not cancel a recording ( this is free OTA TV w/ antenna)

I have some manual scheduled weekly recordings programmed. also have programs scheduled to record program though the guide

Lately these regular manual recordings have not been aired so I tell WMC to not record however WMC is determined to record this time slot with some Christmas singing show.

This is the procedure I'm using for canceling a manual recording.
view recording do not record

Am I forced to cancel series to avoid these unwanted recordings?

edit: I use manual scheduled recordings because my internet connection is weak on the HTPC so I can't depend on the latest guide listings being downloaded.

When I have the latest guide listings downloaded WMC decides to record this manual time slot twice the manual w/ "title name" and w/out manual and just title name. I think this is caused because I may have at one time scheduled this time slot though the guide then again w/ a manual recording however when I look at the guide I don't see the red dot I associate w/ this show will be recorded.

I'm starting to think I have to choose when I schedule recordings all must be manual or programmed from guide but not not a mixture if I want a option to cancel a manual recording?

Thanks STB