Can You Reset an Individual Tuner?

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
JohnJ9

HTPC Specs: Show details

Can You Reset an Individual Tuner?

Post by JohnJ9 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:52 pm

I have two tuners that are still playing that are from the last two attempts of my trying to get live TV to work on the new Win8 Pro machine. In both cases, WMC lost contact with the tuner (it seems with the whole ITV box, since it says it can't find a tuner to use) after a minute or so of viewing. While I don't know all that is going on, I'm good enough at reading log files that I can confirm these are the two tuners, these are the two sessions, and that nothing else has since used them. I've also observed that, all the while this has been going on, the other Win7 machine grabbed a tuner, did a recording, and then stopped it all as it should have. Given the heat issues folks talk about, is there a way to administratively reset an individual tuner? Is there a way to programmatically restart the ITV6? As someone in server side software, I'm not keen on the "just reboot it" solution, and don't like continually turning hardware off and on to fix it either. Just looking for ways to interact with the box other than the power cord to try to address individual problems.

Sea3

Post by Sea3 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Maybe this will help. I can reset my Ceton tuner using this code from powershell. Remember to replace 192.168.0.212 with the ip address of your tuner but if you can't see the tuner's webpage, this won't help.

Code: Select all

$wc = New-Object System.Net.WebClient
$wc.UploadStringAsync("http://192.168.0.212/command.cgi", "cmd=reboot")

JohnW248

Post by JohnW248 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:16 am

Depending on what you need to do, there are three options:

1. To stop an individual tuner, go to the Web Gui, Click on the Tuner number, then the sub tab for tuner, scroll to the bottom and to the "streaming" box and drop down and choose stop. The stream will stop and the tuner released.

2. To reset the cableCARD and release all tuners, go to the cableCARD tab of the Web Gui and scroll down and click on the blue link "clear channel map" the cableCARD will rebind and restart

3. To restart the tuner and reset the cableCARD, from the Web Gui, click on Log, scroll down to the bottom and in the command box type "reboot" (without quotes) and click send. The tuner will reboot (I would recommend you right click and open the log in a new tab, then you can go back to the main web gui page system and click refresh to get the update time and reboot. This may take a few minutes on the ETN and less time on the PCIe or USB devices).