UK Guide losing BBC listings

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
rosbaldeston

HTPC Specs: Show details

UK Guide losing BBC listings

Post by rosbaldeston » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:29 pm

Guess this might be related to previous post. But I noticed my recording schedule over xmas was looking thin. After scrolling around the guide seems I lose listings for all BBC channels on Christmas Eve (Mendip). Seems all the channel IDs have changed so "BBC ONE West" channel needed switching to a new "BBC1 West" listings entry. "BBC TWO" now appears as "BBC Two" and so on for all others. This is the case for the Mendip transmitter I tuned from at any rate. This appers to include all radio channels too, so thats some 20-30 channels all lost listings.

Silly and annoying that such minor changes cause all the BBC listings drop without any warnings. So be warned if you've not checked your schedule recently. Is changing the listing source the right move here? or do a full wipe & retune?

Is their another way to cope with these all-to-regular ID changes, something automated?

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:11 pm

rosbaldeston wrote:I noticed my recording schedule over xmas was looking thin. After scrolling around the guide seems I lose listings for all BBC channels on Christmas Eve (Mendip).
I have just performed my weekly download of the Microsoft EPG (for the Rowridge transmitter), but I have not found any problems -- a full two weeks of EPG for all channels (apart from those new minor channels for which no listings are available). However, I still use Vista (I don't know whether that makes a difference).
rosbaldeston wrote:Seems all the channel IDs have changed so "BBC ONE West" channel needed switching to a new "BBC1 West" listings entry. "BBC TWO" now appears as "BBC Two" and so on for all others ... This appears to include all radio channels too, so that's some 20-30 channels all lost listings ... Is changing the listing source the right move here?
Yes, this happens from time to time. It is tedious to relink the EPG listings to the channels, but it is a no-cost solution. As Churchill might have said (and I don't mean the dog): It is a situation up with which we must put.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

mark1234

Post by mark1234 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:53 pm

My 7MC guide data is going out to the morning of 3/1/14 at the moment, so no sign of an EPG issue here. (Unlike last year!)
Windows Media Centre - Abandoned by Microsoft