Media Center Suddenly Won't Record HD

rherbert

HTPC Specs: Show details

Media Center Suddenly Won't Record HD

Post by rherbert » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:43 am

About a week ago (just in time for the finale of Walking Dead), my Media Center stopped recording HD. All of the shows that say "HD preferred" record in SD, and anything that's set to "HD only" doesn't record at all. I can still tune in to all the HD channels live, but when I try to record the live show, it switches to a non-HD channel to record. Same thing with a future recording - if I tell it to record a football game in HD from the guide, it silently goes back without putting the red dot on the show. If I look at the upcoming recordings, it has the football game set to record on a non-HD channel.

I have a 3-channel HD HomeRun Prime, and I haven't had any problems with it since I originally set it up. But now I have to watch the Walking Dead finale in SD, which is horrifying. Is this some new no-record flag that Comcast is adding to the signal? What else could it be? Is there any way for me to figure out why WMC won't record the channel I want?

DanH

Post by DanH » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:51 pm

Check the recording log to see if it displays any errors. It may be a tuner problem.

Go to Recorded TV/View Scheduled
Click on the History button and check around the recording time for any errors.

You can also try the System and Application log files for any errors there.

Have you tried rebooting the HD Homerun Prime and PC?
Was Danh_HP_m376n

rossifumi

Post by rossifumi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 am

I know this is going to sound weird, but can you try moving one of your HD channels and then try recording it. I had this problem with some premium HD channels and moving them worked.