Commercial skipping with SA and DVRMS Toolbox

Beerman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Commercial skipping with SA and DVRMS Toolbox

Post by Beerman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:12 am

I prefer using ShowAnalyzer for commercial skipping as comskip just wasn't cutting it. But, using SA leaves a number of files as it does it's job and even though I've selected 'Automatic Cleanup' under the DVRMSToolbox settings, these files stick around. Examples are .vprj, .wtv.chapters.xml and .xml files
Is there some other setting that I've missed that will automatically remove these files? This wasn't a problem with comskip.

Thanks

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:26 am

No, you haven't missed anything. The "Automatic Cleanup" doesn't work. I wrote a batch file and a program to handle it. If you search around for my posts about ShowAnalyzer, you'll find it somewhere. The batch file deletes the unnecessary files, and the program deletes the XML files that are left behind when you delete a recorded TV show.

Beerman

Post by Beerman » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 am

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Oh, forgot to mention that the program also creates empty XML files for shows that were recorded X days ago, and still don't have an XML file (which, for me, means that the recording is copy-protected). Both are executed as a scheduled task.