UK Freeview EPG Listings 7th Nov

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
rosbaldeston

HTPC Specs: Show details

UK Freeview EPG Listings 7th Nov

Post by rosbaldeston » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 pm

Looking at my Windows 7 MCE Guide it seems the EPG isn't listing the BBC channels from the 7th Nov (Thursday) onwards. My EPG is showing 'no data available' from Thursday onwards despite last couple of days of apparently successful manual guide updates.

Local transmitter is Mendip, it's mostly the BBC channels effected but 4seven, film4+1 and itv3 are also lacking listings around the same date. Other channels seem uneffected and show over a weeks worth of listings. No problem with the internet.

Anybody else seeing a similar issue?

CyberSimian

Post by CyberSimian » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:48 am

rosbaldeston wrote:Looking at my Windows 7 MCE Guide it seems the EPG isn't listing the BBC channels from the 7th Nov (Thursday) onwards. My EPG is showing 'no data available' from Thursday onwards despite last couple of days of apparently successful manual guide updates.

Local transmitter is Mendip, it's mostly the BBC channels effected but 4seven, film4+1 and itv3 are also lacking listings around the same date. Other channels seem unaffected and show over a weeks worth of listings. No problem with the internet.
In the UK, Windows 7 Media Center is able to use the 7-day EPG that is broadcast with the TV data stream for the standard-definition channels. So, even if there is a problem with the Microsoft 14-day downloaded EPG, your Media Center should still show a 7-day EPG, but with these two provisos:

(1) Win7 MC cannot extract from the broadcast data stream the EPG for the high definition channels. So, whereas channels 1-4 should show EPG data, channels 101-104 will not.

(2) You need actually to receive a channel for a while in order for MC to accumulate the broadcast EPG, i.e. you need either to watch live TV or make a recording. I would suggest that "a while" is circa 15 minutes, but you may need to tune to one channel in each MUX for 15 minutes in order to completely fill the EPG for all channels for 7 days.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

rosbaldeston

Post by rosbaldeston » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks for replying. Both of those provisos should have been satisfied. Was all the BBC SD 1-9 & cbbc & news channels missing and it persisted several days over the weekend and Monday. Did have recordings going Sat, Sun & Monday. Wasn't too surprised nothing much changed with the EPG over the weekends updates, but by Monday Eve started feeling a bit antsy.

But it's sorted itself out now with yesterdays updates thanks.