Direct to tv sound issue

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
tubafore

HTPC Specs: Show details

Direct to tv sound issue

Post by tubafore » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Hey Y'all,

I'm having an odd issue with my Echo and didn't see anyone else mention it, so I figured I'd ask here before submitting a ticket. I hooked up my Echo directly to a TV rather than through my receiver (where it works fine), and the sound while playing Live and Recorded TV sounds like a quick-paced clicking (I compare it to a helicopter). I can hear WMC sounds like selecting menu items. My guess is the TV (being rather cheap) doesn't support whatever audio DRM WMC applies.

So far, I've tried:

Checking/Unchecking the box for AC3 format. Restarting the echo between each test.
Ensured it was playing through HDMI rather than optical.

Any ideas or should I just submit a ticket?

IownFIVEechos

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IownFIVEechos » Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:46 pm

That is the sound you will get if you have the bitstream setting on. I forget the exact wording. I think you called it the AC3 setting. But play with any audio setting you can find. Do it via the webpage settings if you can. I get that when I am directly connected to the tv if I enable that setting so that is a normal feature of the device :)