No sound for live TV

Kieran

HTPC Specs: Show details

No sound for live TV

Post by Kieran » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi there,
I've been using 7MC for some time now, with a Yamaha AVR and 5.1 surround. I recently moved, got a new TV and my Yamaha AVR went in for service. So for the last month, I've had 7MC set up to 2ch audio via HDMI to the new TV (Panasonic TC-P60VT60) and it was working just fine with the TV's speakers. I finally got a new Yamaha AVR (warranty replacement) and just hooked it up. I went through the Win7 audio set up to change to 5.1 audio via hdmi. In Windows, the test sounds all play beautifully. When I start up 7MC, everything is fine at first: the startup sound plays and sounds great, navigation sounds are fine too. However, when I play Live TV now, there's no sound, and after a minute or two, the picture goes away and I get a message about encoder not available. I did go through the 7MC setup again and change from 2ch audio to 5.1ch audio and restarted the HTPC.

I can't figure this out. Any help/suggestions? I haven't tried anything but LiveTV, because that's all we really use 7MC for. So I don't have any libraries set up or anything, and I don't record TV with this HTPC.

My HTPC is a nettop box, Foxconn NT-A3500, which uses an AMD Fusion E-350, Dual-Core 1.60 GHz.
Tuner is the HDHomeRun Prime with a CableCard from Comcast (who incidentally just today started encrypting my "limited basic" channels... jerks... no more ClearQAM for me.)

Thanks!
Kieran
-Kieran

tzr916

Post by tzr916 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:59 pm

http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 33853.aspx

set windows audio to 2.0 stereo
set wmc to 5.1

Kieran

Post by Kieran » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:13 pm

Awesome. I hope that works. I was really dreading a W7 re-install....
THANKS!
-Kieran

Kieran

Post by Kieran » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:57 pm

tzr916 wrote:http://experts.windows.com/frms/windows ... 33853.aspx

set windows audio to 2.0 stereo
set wmc to 5.1
Worked like a charm! Thanks again.
-Kieran