Running MMC app on a Windows PC using an Android emulator

Discuss My Media Center for Windows 8, Windows RT, iOS, Android, and WP, and ask Ceton for support.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. There is no official support mechanism for My Media Center.
spanner

HTPC Specs: Show details

Running MMC app on a Windows PC using an Android emulator

Post by spanner » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:28 pm

Since the days of the MSN guide tool and later remote potato, I have missed being able to control WMC from my desktop PC In my office(not my HTPC). Tekzilla discussed a Android emulator for running android apps on a windows pc. I gave it a try and it is working perfectly for running My media center app and my Yamaha receiver app.The bluestack emulator runs ginger bread and allows access to amazon and Google play store. After installing a custom launcher to look more like my phone, and a manual network setup of my media center app, its up and running with all the features of my phone. Not sure this will be of much use to anyone, and maybe old news, but it is working well for me, and i thought i would give it a mention.

http://www.bluestacks.com/index.html

UCBearcat

Post by UCBearcat » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 am

Very interesting indeed. Just the other day, my wife was sitting at her laptop and asked if there was a way that she could schedule recordings on our main WMC server from there. I said no... but if I can load up an android emulator w/ MMC app on it. :thumbup:

docprego

Post by docprego » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:30 am

spanner wrote:Since the days of the MSN guide tool and later remote potato, I have missed being able to control WMC from my desktop PC In my office(not my HTPC). Tekzilla discussed a Android emulator for running android apps on a windows PC. I gave it a try and it is working perfectly for running My media center app and my Yamaha receiver app.The bluestack emulator runs ginger bread and allows access to amazon and Google play store. After installing a custom launcher to look more like my phone, and a manual network setup of my media center app, its up and running with all the features of my phone. Not sure this will be of much use to anyone, and maybe old news, but it is working well for me, and i thought i would give it a mention.

http://www.bluestacks.com/index.html
Just curious, why not install the Windows 8 app? It works great.

spanner

Post by spanner » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:13 am

I have played with windows 8, but i prefer windows 7 especially om my HTPC. It is good to hear the windows app works well, but its not enough for me to upgrade.