"Service is unavailable"

dandys

HTPC Specs: Show details

"Service is unavailable"

Post by dandys » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 am

UPDATE: SOLVED. For future reference of anyone, it seems the problem was that for some reason my home network was set to "public" rather than "private." Unlike in Windows 7, I don't think there is as easy a way to designate a network as "home" so I had to go into the network settings (NOT the regular one, the new charms bar one) to make it private.

I am setting up a new home server/DVR system with windows 8 media center pack.

I am using a HDHomeRun PRIME and it works fine on all the other computers in the house, both windows 7 and 8.

On the new computer, I can manually view streams using VLC Media Player and Windows Media Player.

However, when I tune to a channel in WMC, I get the "Service is unavailable" error and see nothing.

In case it makes a difference, I am using a Supermicro X10SAE motherboard and Xeon e3-1245v3 processor, and just built the computer. I installed all of the drivers I could find but could this be an issue from missing a graphics/sound driver? Is there something wrong/incompatible with the computer? I wonder because a desktop computer I built only weeks ago with Windows 8 media center works perfectly.

Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by dandys on Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scallica

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Scallica » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Try disabling the Windows Firewall and restarting the Windows Media Center Receiver Service. If that doesn't work, try re-running the TV Setup Wizard in WMC.

If you haven't done so already, enable diagnostic logging in the HDHR Setup app in the Advanced tab.
Attachments
HDHR Setup.jpg
HTPC Enthusiast / Forum Moderator - TGB.tv Code of Conduct