Mapping Problem - Cable Co says it's WMC

lucasbuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

Mapping Problem - Cable Co says it's WMC

Post by lucasbuck » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:38 am

I had to get a replacement Ceton card. All I did was swap the Ceton, reinsert the old Cable Card and call to re pair it. Now, my mapping is messed up, such as my NBC (channel 6) tunes in ESPN 2. It's like that on several channels.
We recently transitioned from Insight to Time Warner (they were bought) and I haven't done a channel update since the buy out. I called them and they said it was a mapping problem with WMC and not a problem on their end. I've tried loading up different nearby towns during TV Signal Setup, but still the same issue. I'm not even sure where to start. I can't imagine trying to remap each one, I'd never figure out which is which and it would take forever (of course I may be stuck doing that). If anyone has any tips I'd love to hear them.

lucasbuck

Post by lucasbuck » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:18 am

Okay, I went through a bunch more locations. It seems Time Warner has digital, cable ready, just a vanilla, etc. About the 3rd time I tried the digital (which is what it should be) it came in okay. Maybe this will help someone on down the line. Anyone ever had that happen before?

signcarver

Post by signcarver » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:57 pm

The actual map is controlled by the cablecard and would be their problem not WMC, (you can check out this map on the web interface by clicking the cablecard tab and "number of channels") however WMC has a guide that occasionally will have problems. Since you stated using channel 6 for nbc, I am curious if you ever "remapped" your channels to put the HD channel to show up at the SD location as I have seen problems occur after doing so when there are actually changes to the map. Often switching guides between cable and digital will reset these custom settings. The other thing I have seen that TAs sometimes make mistakes if it believes it already knows the channel (this should not happen for nbc though).

There was also a problem recently (this past year) with cetons not being able to parse the map with upgrades done to cisco equipment... at one time there was a special firmware for this but I do believe the changes have made its way into normal releases.