Media Browser 3 Classic with WMC

Rishicash

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Rishicash » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:57 pm

Thanks Werds...at least I know it works in V2. I know virtually nothing about it. Do you happen to be familiar with Recorded TV HD? I'm comparing it to that. It's quite nice but unstable with W8 and is why I'm looking for an alternative but the last thing I want is instability.

werds

Post by werds » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:15 pm

I use v2 and have for a while, the last release of v2 is fairly stable with only occasionally freezing at a menu if you leave it there for an hour or more. I use it because it is the only option I could find that was stable and customizable the way I wanted it. I use the basic theme so it is fairly bland. I have not used RTVHD, but looked at it and I know it offers more than v2 does in some aspects but as I keep reading it is not stable for everyone which is why I have stuck with Media Browser for now and am waiting to see what v3 is about.

But word of warning I use Media Browser for Movies and not recorded TV because it is a manual process. It does not automatically sort certain kind of recordings or movies into specific folders automatically, I have to manually move them into said folders (which is perfectly fine for my use but not sure if it would be worth the added hassle with recorded tv unless you have an automated script or program that could handle those duties.)

Rishicash

Post by Rishicash » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:20 pm

Thanks for that info Werds. The manual manipulation is a deal killer for me. I do mostly recorded TV and I want quick and easy. I'm glad you told me this.

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:03 pm

I gave up on MB Classic and went back to XBMC. Too many issues with using WMC as a video player. I will definitely give MB Theater a shot.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm

What issues? I haven't had any ... i'd guess it would be your codec package on WMC... that said the Theater does look good!
Lee

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Sat Aug 31, 2013 12:20 am

Rishicash wrote:@Airbender - I'm not clear on your reply "...dump your media files in one folder and media browser 3 will create it and fix it for you." What does "create it" and "fix it" mean? Can you be more specific?

I don't want just a Favorites Folder where recorded programming is just dumped where I have to sort through everything. What I need is a Favorites Folders within which I can create any subfolders I wish like Racing/TV Series/Sports/Movies, etc.
Hello Rishicash

Apologies in advance i miss understood , " What does "create it" and "fix it" mean? Can you be more specific?

what i thought was all media files are in a single directory. which was an issue with some users in the past
The devloper of Media Browser 3 has corrected this issue in MB3 server so a user does not need to worry about re-organizing them. again because my medaia collections is all automated i did not test MB3 for this new functions but some other user might had tested it.

Now to be clear i need to understand what you trying to do. so based on all information's provided i think you want Favorites folder to have sub folders

so example :
TV shows
Movies
Documentaries
ect
Favorites

Now under Favorites
Tv shows
Movies
Reality
ect

Thing you want to show up because if you have huge collections navigation becomes easy

please correct me if i miss understood your last response

Thank you very much

deihmos

Post by deihmos » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:19 am

milli260876 wrote:What issues? I haven't had any ... i'd guess it would be your codec package on WMC... that said the Theater does look good!
Crashes, video not playing, no proper subtitle management, no proper ff and rewind, themes in classic has issues and the developers abandoned. Xbmc just does a much better job and I have no issues. I'm waiting to try the theatre.

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:50 am

deihmos wrote:
milli260876 wrote:What issues? I haven't had any ... i'd guess it would be your codec package on WMC... that said the Theater does look good!
Crashes, video not playing, no proper subtitle management, no proper ff and rewind, themes in classic has issues and the developers abandoned. Xbmc just does a much better job and I have no issues. I'm waiting to try the theatre.
Hello deihmos ,

I do understand your frustration however did you posted your logs and screenshots of mbc crash or video playback and so on in Media browser 3 forum ? we all need to give the developer a chance to explain there side of the story.
now let take one issue at the time.

Crashes ok MBC Crashes or WMC Crashes ? there is .net logs from windows event viewer that can be taken to see where is the issue also logs from MBC

video not playing is has something to do with WMC player and codecs now we all know MBC require Library to be added via a UNC Path

no proper subtitle management ok i agree but they are working on it

no proper ff and rewind ok i agree and again they are working on it + not updated on the status of this so i will find out and update you on it

themes in classic has issues and the developers abandoned , that is unfair to say as all developers in MB3 are working so hard to make thing to work with limited resources and limited developers i would say give them some time

Xbmc just does a much better job and I have no issues. again xbmc is not beta and it has huge developers team behind it and they have commercial software and they have plex so but they dont have huge strong support as media browser does and they dont have customized media option and to add to that they dont give users full control over there data

I'm waiting to try the theater Yes a stable release of Media Browser Theater will make everyone happy but we still need you and other to report issue as it help developers to improve the free products

see in media browser fourm your opinion matter so stop by sometime and say what is bothering you or issue you have and we are all there to help

Please look at this link for all information in regards to MBC http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... ublic-beta

If you still have any other questions please ask

Airbander

Post by Airbander » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:35 am

Hi

Just an update the new plugin Book Shelf is out now you can read book in your pc or tablet or whatever device you have

More info at http://community.mediabrowser.tv/permal ... shelf-beta

Thanks