InfiniTV6 Subscription Required

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
shortcut3d

HTPC Specs: Show details

InfiniTV6 Subscription Required

Post by shortcut3d » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Today I received the blue screen Subscription Required message on TNT. All the other channels appear to work fine, including those in the premium package. Any ideas?

dudesky71

Post by dudesky71 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:33 pm

shortcut3d wrote:Today I received the blue screen Subscription Required message on TNT. All the other channels appear to work fine, including those in the premium package. Any ideas?
Are you still getting this message? If you look in the InfiniTV4 section, you will see this is happening there as well. Are you on Time Warner? Does this happen when you tune a Switched Digital Video channel?

shortcut3d

Post by shortcut3d » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:43 pm

I'm on Comcast and TNT seems fine in the evening, but not in the mornings or weekends. It maybe an issue with Comcast doing some maintenance.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:23 pm

If only a single channel is affected, this is usually a provisioning issue or a temporary outage.
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:00 am

Something like this happened to me recently but on mtv and I use an Infinitv4. First I've ever seen it happen. Halfway through a recording it cut off and said subscription required. All other recordings at the same time we're fine.

Edit: I have Comcast without a tuning adapter
Last edited by Shackleford on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:32 pm

I've been looking for a fix for this for over a year. Started last year on Disney Jr. TWC Dallas TX. All other channels worked except that one. Was using an ITV4PCIe. After about 4 months the channel just spontaneously came back. No action of my own. I could get the channel on my phone using TWC Android app but not over the TV and the cablecard. TWC agreed that the channel was part of my package but no re-hits would activate it. SDV was working good for all other channels. In early May the same thing started happening with Discovery HD. So I've been missing it for close to 2 months now. Just this past week I switched out the ITV4PCIe and installed the ITV6ETH. The first night I installed it I got DiscoveryHD just fine and thought my problem was fixed. Then the next day DiscoveryHD was gone again. I can't get TWC to do anything about it. They just deny as usual and want to blame it on Discovery network. One TWC tech suggested that it might be the TA but can't explain why all other channels would work except this one. If it were a bad TA it should be all of the SDV channels that have the problem. It can't be Ceton because it has shown the same behavior with both ITV4PCIe and ITV6ETH. I've gotten TWC to send numerous reauth hits and it does nothing. I really just wish SDV would go away and we could just use our CC tuners as they were intended. If anyone finds a cure please, please, please share.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:28 am

EZEd wrote:I've been looking for a fix for this for over a year. Started last year on Disney Jr. TWC Dallas TX. All other channels worked except that one. Was using an ITV4PCIe. After about 4 months the channel just spontaneously came back. No action of my own. I could get the channel on my phone using TWC Android app but not over the TV and the cablecard. TWC agreed that the channel was part of my package but no re-hits would activate it. SDV was working good for all other channels. In early May the same thing started happening with Discovery HD. So I've been missing it for close to 2 months now. Just this past week I switched out the ITV4PCIe and installed the ITV6ETH. The first night I installed it I got DiscoveryHD just fine and thought my problem was fixed. Then the next day DiscoveryHD was gone again. I can't get TWC to do anything about it. They just deny as usual and want to blame it on Discovery network. One TWC tech suggested that it might be the TA but can't explain why all other channels would work except this one. If it were a bad TA it should be all of the SDV channels that have the problem. It can't be Ceton because it has shown the same behavior with both ITV4PCIe and ITV6ETH. I've gotten TWC to send numerous reauth hits and it does nothing. I really just wish SDV would go away and we could just use our CC tuners as they were intended. If anyone finds a cure please, please, please share.
Do you have a ticket open with us?
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 pm

Do you have a ticket open with us?
Yes I had one opened back in 2012 that was never resolved and the channel spontaneously came back on its own. So the ticket was closed without resolution. Latest ticket from May 2013 resulted in diagnosis of a bad ITV4PCIe and an RMA being issued because it would not upgrade to the latest firmware. Instead of returning the ITV4PCIe and getting another, only just yesterday put the ITV4PCIe in the mail on return after having purchased the ITV6ETH (received it a week ago yesterday). I did receive DiscoveryHD upon first installation the night that it was received, but the channel dropped out the next day upon next use. The system went right back to previous behavior when using the ITV4PCIe.

I'm thinking that my next step is to stop by the TWC store and see if they will just let me have another TA over the counter, but I am skeptical that it will solve my problem. If another TA does not work, I'll look into whether I will submit another Ceton ticket or not as I really don't believe this is a Ceton issue. It sounds/feels to me more like a TWC provisioning/TA issue and they don't really know how to recognize or fix their own problems.

Again if it were more than one channel that was not receiving, then I would be inclined to think it possibly could be a Ceton problem. But two different Ceton tuners of two different types are exhibiting the same behavior, highly unlikely this is a Ceton issue.