US CableCARD - How to get new channel in guide?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
adam1991

HTPC Specs: Show details

US CableCARD - How to get new channel in guide?

Post by adam1991 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 pm

My provider added a new channel, according to their web site. I can't remember, is there an easy way to add this channel to my guide without going all the way through TV setup again?

Ceton diagnostics shows it as a clear channel, btw.

foxwood

Post by foxwood » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 am

New channels should be added automatically - at least I've had new channels show up without any intervention on my part.

Shackleford

Post by Shackleford » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 am

My experience is the channel will be added to your cable card channel map when its available but usually takes zap2it up to 2 weeks to add it.

adam1991

Post by adam1991 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 am

yeah, it's not in the channel map at all. I'm not worried about guide data, just the fact of the channel.

Actually, it's not a channel I'm interested in at all--but the fact of its existence according to the cableco, but not being in my guide, has piqued my interest.

Now you've got me thinking. It seems to me, I had this experience awhile back when they moved Starz/Encore around, and I wasn't getting the new channel they moved Starz HD onto. I happened to be at the cableco office swapping out a cable modem and saw that channel on their converter box, and had to push them on the issue. They found it, and it did appear on my channel guide.

So, now it's back to the local office. Thanks for prompting my memory here.