My two dumb InfiniTV 6 ETH questions

Ask fellow members about Ceton's infiniTV tuners here.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
wackychimp

HTPC Specs: Show details

My two dumb InfiniTV 6 ETH questions

Post by wackychimp » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:30 pm

Getting ready to order the InfiniTV 6 ETH for use with a newly built Win7 WMC machine.

1) Does the InfiniTV 6 ETH need an IP address on my local network IF I'm only using it with this one machine? Ultimately it'll be connected to a switch so it can go all over the house, but for now I'm just wondering if it can go straight into my HTPC.

2) Will it work with a tuning adapter? I'm not clear on the difference between the tuning adapter and CableCARD but I know I need both for my HD Tivo. I guess I assume it'll work, but wondering if there are extra hoops I'll have to jump through with Time Warner.

Thanks!

TeddyR

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by TeddyR » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:01 pm

wackychimp wrote:Getting ready to order the InfiniTV 6 ETH for use with a newly built Win7 WMC machine.

1) Does the InfiniTV 6 ETH need an IP address on my local network IF I'm only using it with this one machine? Ultimately it'll be connected to a switch so it can go all over the house, but for now I'm just wondering if it can go straight into my HTPC.

2) Will it work with a tuning adapter? I'm not clear on the difference between the tuning adapter and CableCARD but I know I need both for my HD Tivo. I guess I assume it'll work, but wondering if there are extra hoops I'll have to jump through with Time Warner.

Thanks!
1- It is preferable to use a small switch if possible. But it can be connected directly.

2- Yes. If your TiVo needs a Tuning adapter, then the ETH6 will also need and use a a tuning adapter. The "hoops" to go through as similar to any other OCUR device and a CC. (could be painful :-( or could be a breeze)....
Time is on my side.