Backup WMC Guide Favorites

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
sailracer

HTPC Specs: Show details

Backup WMC Guide Favorites

Post by sailracer » Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Is there a way to backup/restore the favorite lineups in WMC? After months of tweaking, I finally had my various favorite profiles set up the way I wanted (my channels, kids channels, my wife's channels). Then yesterday my guide failed to update. To fix it I had to re-set up the TV signal which blew away all of those favorites. After a quick search, it appears that guide tool, mcbackup, etc. don't have the ability to backup the favorites. Does anyone know of a way?

Thanks!

EZEd

Post by EZEd » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:48 am

A quick bump of this old thread to see if anyone ever found, built or upgraded a tool to backup favorites lists in WMC7 guide? I finally bought Guidetool but found out it doesn't backup favorites. Does anything else do it? How about is there a particular windows folder that needs to be backed up to restore favorites lists? If anybody has any info how about let me know.

Rainey

Post by Rainey » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:50 am

I just came here looking for this also. I just install a extra tuner and after i ran WMC setup to add the extra tuners, i then learned that the channel list and favorites where both reset and i have to manual redo them.

I would like to be able to backup the favorites, i see a few way to backup the channel list but not the favorites