I give up on PowerDVD and Total Media Theater

woodchuck

HTPC Specs: Show details

I give up on PowerDVD and Total Media Theater

Post by woodchuck » Mon May 06, 2013 2:38 am

I don't think it is the fault of Arcsoft or Cyberlink, more the fault of MPIAA and their DRM, but I hereby officially give up on using my media center for Bluray playback. I love my media center, but the most frustration in this household comes from the simple insertion of a Bluray and the insuing BS issues that come with it. Good bye software playback solutions!

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed May 08, 2013 1:46 am

I use TMT5, It's been fairly good for me.. not perfect mind you as I had to wait months to watch the Star Wars Blu-Ray's after they came out.. (it needed a patch to play correctly as they updated their damn DRM on that release) But I have found that backing up my DVD/Blu-Ray's onto my WHS 2011 machine in .mkv format and using Media Browser has worked really well for me.
newfiend~

sccrgoalie1

Post by sccrgoalie1 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I use both TMT5 and TMT6 and haven't really had any major issues. They just released a beta patch for media center crashing upon TMT6 exit on their forums. I do have AnyDVDHD running along side which may help with some issues. Most of my issues related to the blueray player in my PC itself. Since I picked up a new one I haven't had a disk fail. Just in case your interested I have the Asus BC-12B1ST