Echo connection issues

Talk with fellow members about Ceton's Media Center Extender.
Forum rules
Ceton no longer participate in this forum. Official support may still be handled via the Ceton Ticket system.
TastytheDog

HTPC Specs: Show details

Echo connection issues

Post by TastytheDog » Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I was using my Echo just fine with minimal issues. It's connected to an AC bridge which connects to AC router downstairs, so network speed is good (an Apple TV is connected to the same bridge and it works perfectly). I set a static IP for it in the router admin menu and it connected like a champ. This worked for months. Then about a month ago it decided to stop connecting to network. No matter what I do it doesn't know its MAC address or IP. The bridge and Apple TV are functioning normally as far as I can tell. But if I take the Echo downstairs and connect it directly to the router it works. So I don't know if that last firmware update somehow took away the Echo's ability to be used with a wireless bridge or what but it's not working and I'm running out of ideas (and patience). Did I overlook something? Thanks for any help.

Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Sun May 05, 2013 1:57 am

TastytheDog wrote:I was using my Echo just fine with minimal issues. It's connected to an AC bridge which connects to AC router downstairs, so network speed is good (an Apple TV is connected to the same bridge and it works perfectly). I set a static IP for it in the router admin menu and it connected like a champ. This worked for months. Then about a month ago it decided to stop connecting to network. No matter what I do it doesn't know its MAC address or IP. The bridge and Apple TV are functioning normally as far as I can tell. But if I take the Echo downstairs and connect it directly to the router it works. So I don't know if that last firmware update somehow took away the Echo's ability to be used with a wireless bridge or what but it's not working and I'm running out of ideas (and patience). Did I overlook something? Thanks for any help.
I had network connectivity issues with the last beta. Open a ticket. Ceton might be able to roll "forward" the f/w to the previous release if you are on the beta release.