MCE Channel Mapping Craziness - help!!

Help with tuners from ATI, Hauppauge, AverMedia and more.
danny6869

HTPC Specs: Show details

MCE Channel Mapping Craziness - help!!

Post by danny6869 » Thu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

I need to start off by saying that I have been using Windows Media Center since the beginning...since "windows xp windows media center edition", and at one point or another I have seen just about every problem known to MCE. LATELY however, since getting my Dual Hauppauge Colossus setup working, I have been experiencing the oddest of behaviours.

After running through my TV Signal Setup, and enabling/disabling channels for my tuners...everything will work fine for a few days, and then suddenly, all of my STB channel changing will be remapped. For example when I select channel "466", it will actually tune to channel "308"...just about every channel will be wrongly remapped, then when I run through TV Signal Setup again, the channel changing workrs perfectly again...for some number of days before it happens again.

Does anyone have any insight into this? Is there somewhere where channel mapping is kept that I could inspect? Has anyone else seen this before???

I have a few more things to try to help figure this out, but so far this has me mystified.

(my only option is quickly becoming a wipe of the media center DB files, and a fresh start from there)

I have also been playing around with MediaPortal, and may have no choice but to jump ship to that if I can't get this MCE issue resolved! (I would prefer to stick with MCE at least until I am sure that MediaPortal will suit my family's needs)