Audio is playing dual languages

guppy

HTPC Specs: Show details

Audio is playing dual languages

Post by guppy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:21 am

Audio is playing dual languages. How do I select english only? I just recently got another movie (TheBangBangClub) that has this problem.

[Link removed by STC - Please, NO links to pirate software]

I am using this to enable mkv support:
MKVs for Minimalists on Windows 7
JTS REVISION
http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for ... ows-7.html

Step One: Download a copy of FFDShow Tryouts from here. Those running an x64 version will also need the x64 SVN here. Install the right ones for your system, the latest versions will work.
Step Two: Download Haali Media Splitter. Download here http://haali.su/mkv/
Step Three: Enable viewing of MKV files in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center by downloading either the x86 registry file or x64 registry file and double-click to add it to your registry. Allow it to be added when prompted. Restart your machine.
That’s all there is to it, this will take you from a clean install to playing MKVs and more in no time at all. For details on using FFDShow Audio settings for your live TV and DVDs in Media Center check this article.

If you have trouble viewing your MKVs in Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player, try deleting your “C:\Users\YOUR-USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Media Player\CurrentDatabase_371.wmdb” file. To enable this file to be deleted you will need to stop the WMPNetworkSvc service from the task manager (ctrl-alt-delete).

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:23 am

I got the answer to this a few days ago on WEC, thanks to both holidayboy and cw-kid. You can either put WMC into windowed mode and use the Haali tray icon to select a different audio track or install Media Control, which will let you do the same thing directly in WMC.

BTW, I don't think ffdshow is actually required. All I installed was Haali and mkvs were working in WMC. No ffdshow, no registry file. But Media Control requires ffdshow anyway.

guppy

Post by guppy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:30 am

richard1980 wrote:I got the answer to this a few days ago on WEC, thanks to both holidayboy and cw-kid. You can either put WMC into windowed mode and use the Haali tray icon to select a different audio track or install Media Control, which will let you do the same thing directly in WMC.

BTW, I don't think ffdshow is actually required. All I installed was Haali and mkvs were working in WMC. No ffdshow, no registry file. But Media Control requires ffdshow anyway.
THANKS! I am away atm, but will give it a try as soon as I get back home. Where is this Haali tray icon? I dont have one at the bottom right by my speaker control. Under programs, there is a folder that says Haali Media Splitter, but it only contains GDS Mux, Media Splitter Settings, and uninstall.

guppy

Post by guppy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:35 am

Is this Media Control?

http://damienbt.free.fr/

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:02 am

Yes, that's it.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:12 am

Guess I missed the post before that....the tray icon is in the system tray...over by the clock. It comes up when Haali is active.

guppy

Post by guppy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:31 pm

richard1980 wrote:Guess I missed the post before that....the tray icon is in the system tray...over by the clock. It comes up when Haali is active.
Ok, so I hit the Haali in the system tray as the movie is playing, which by the way is the exact samething as hitting Halli "Media Splitter Settings" from the program list. This pulls up Haali Media Splitter Properties. So what do you do from here? I tried clicking options tab, Languages, Audio Languages Priority and entering ENG in as the value, but no change.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:06 pm

I have no idea...I just formatted and don't have Haali installed anymore. I got the info from holidayboy, maybe he'll post here.

llololloy

Post by llololloy » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 pm

if you right click the haali icon in the sys tray while playing an mkv, you should see a pop up that lists audio tracks, subtitle track and chapters (depending on how the mkv was authoured).
Then you can select what you wish.
Double clicking will bring up the haali properties, you don't want that, make sure you right click.
Everyone who generalises is stupid.

guppy

Post by guppy » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:01 am

llololloy wrote:if you right click the haali icon in the sys tray while playing an mkv, you should see a pop up that lists audio tracks, subtitle track and chapters (depending on how the mkv was authoured).
Then you can select what you wish.
Double clicking will bring up the haali properties, you don't want that, make sure you right click.

AHHHhh Right Click Got it. Thanks!

guppy

Post by guppy » Fri May 04, 2012 7:27 am

Well a year has gone by and I think I am tired of having to grab my mouse, minimize the wmc and click on the Haali icon everytime I want to turn off subtitles. It was not a big deal at first, but moe and more movies seem to have subs with them. Is there a way to save this setting? I am tired of doing this to almost every movie i watch now days. I must be OCD, everytime I play a movie with english subs, I for some unknown reason end up reading the damn movie,lol.
I speak english and I only want to see a subtitle in english when something other than english is spoken.

bobbob

Post by bobbob » Fri May 04, 2012 8:18 am

you can set this in Haali, in Options | Languages | Audio and Subtitle Languages enter eng,off. This will default audio to english and subtitles to off

guppy

Post by guppy » Sat May 05, 2012 4:02 am

bobbob wrote:you can set this in Haali, in Options | Languages | Audio and Subtitle Languages enter eng,off. This will default audio to english and subtitles to off
Thanks!