Arcsoft TMT5 Update Available.. Version 5.3.1.195

newfiend

HTPC Specs: Show details

Arcsoft TMT5 Update Available.. Version 5.3.1.195

Post by newfiend » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:21 am

Arcsoft Total Media Theater 5 has an update available to version 5.3.1.195 if anyone is interested.
Open TMT5
Click the Information Center icon on the top left of TMT5 (Desktop Version)
Click the Update Tab and Download the newer version (patch).

newfiend~

STC

Post by STC » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 am

I hope they have fixed the crashing when exiting from within MC.
That was driving me nutz! :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Me too, says bug fixes on the update so.??

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Board Express.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:59 pm

Maybe I can play my Skyfall BD now.

mcewinter

Post by mcewinter » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:16 pm

mcewinter wrote:Maybe I can play my Skyfall BD now.
I can...in case you care. I was experiencing a known issue that many people were having.

barnabas1969

Post by barnabas1969 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:17 am

If this update contains Cinavia, as does the previous update, then I have no intention of updating!

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:22 am

barnabas1969 wrote:If this update contains Cinavia, as does the previous update, then I have no intention of updating!
Every update does/will. They can't legally sell new versions of their product/update their product unless they agree to include Cinavia detection.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:58 am

Read somewhere that you may want to look into AnyDVD HD 's latest releases.

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:13 am

newfiend wrote:Read somewhere that you may want to look into AnyDVD HD 's latest releases.

Yeah it edits the exe of the Blu-Ray player program running in in memory to trick it into thinking the source is being played from original disc. Future updates for the player program could render this useless and turn it into a game of cat and mouse.

newfiend

Post by newfiend » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:34 pm

staknhalo wrote:
newfiend wrote:Read somewhere that you may want to look into AnyDVD HD 's latest releases.

Yeah it edits the exe of the Blu-Ray player program running in in memory to trick it into thinking the source is being played from original disc. Future updates for the player program could render this useless and turn it into a game of cat and mouse.
True, but hasn't it really always been that way? They come up with a new protection scheme, someone cracks it.. It's always been an endless circle of encrypt and decrypt.. I've always said if someone can encrypt something someone else will find a way to crack/hack it.
newfiend~

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:52 pm

I've run into a bug that is addressed in the latest version of TMT5, but the vast majority of my Blu Ray collection is ripped onto my server and I access it using My Movies. (I have a relatively responsible six-year-old and a three-year old whirlwind of destruction; I am NOT letting them get their hands on a physical disk, LOL.)

Does the latest version of AnyDVD HD still 'fix' the Cinavia issue? Are there any other options? If I converted all of my Blu-Ray ISO's to MKVs, would that eliminate the issue while keeping the HD audio? Sorry if these come off as ignorant; I literally haven't had to mess with my Media Center in over year as it's been working perfectly up until now. Feeling a little behind the curve!!!

STC

Post by STC » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:30 pm

JTScribe wrote:...three-year old whirlwind of destruction...
I chuckled :)
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:29 pm

JTScribe wrote:If I converted all of my Blu-Ray ISO's to MKVs, would that eliminate the issue while keeping the HD audio?
Yes, that's what I do. I only use Arcsoft to play physical Redbox/Netflix discs. You can't rip the entire disc (and retain menus ect.); so you'll have to be content with only keeping just the main movie.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:56 pm

staknhalo wrote:
JTScribe wrote:If I converted all of my Blu-Ray ISO's to MKVs, would that eliminate the issue while keeping the HD audio?
Yes, that's what I do. I only use Arcsoft to play physical Redbox/Netflix discs. You can't rip the entire disc (and retain menus ect.); so you'll have to be content with only keeping just the main movie.
Okay, that's not too bad. To that regard I really only need to convert those disks that have Cinavia. My older disks and those without it should continue to work fine I would imagine.

What do you use for conversion, Handbrake? Any preferred settings?

staknhalo

Post by staknhalo » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:05 pm

JTScribe wrote:What do you use for conversion, Handbrake? Any preferred settings?
No. I first use DVDFab to rip just the movie to a folder (and remove any unneeded subtitle/audio tracks. I only keep forced subtitles, if any, and the main HD audio track. Also remove any chapters that are just end credits); and then use MakeMKV into put it in a mkv container.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:32 pm

staknhalo wrote:
JTScribe wrote:What do you use for conversion, Handbrake? Any preferred settings?
No. I first use DVDFab to rip just the movie to a folder (and remove any unneeded subtitle/audio tracks. I only keep forced subtitles, if any, and the main HD audio track. Also remove any chapters that are just end credits); and then use MakeMKV into put it in a mkv container.
Huge blast from the past here, but rather than start a new thread I wanted to put it here as it's applicable. I've begun converting my Blu Ray rips to MKVs using MakeMKV. I've been keeping the subtitles when I do so. When I test playback with TMT5 on my ripping machine, I am able to enable and disable subtitles correctly. I'm using My Movies 4, so I've basically just been placing the MKV files in the same folders where the ISO was, then launching through Media Center. Works perfectly after I installed the Shark007 codec packs, but the only problem I am having is that in Media Center I don't have any subtitles nor do I have an option to enable them.

Edit - OK, set all of the stuff to Sharky's recommended settings. Subtitles are now working in MCE. Further question - is there any way to make ArcSoft the default player for MKV files? The chapter breaks and ability to enable and disable subtitles seem to be kept with ArcSoft but for whatever reason, whenever it plays through Media Center it treats it as a video (understandable.) I did change the default program for MKV playback to TMT with no effect.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:46 am

I don't think it is possible to get TMT to be the default player for MKV in MCE directly. You could though install the MCE app, MyMovies which does have an external player feature and will allow you to specify an installed player (in your case TMT) for movies with specific file types e.g. MKV! I use this for MKV playback and it works real well, in my case I needed to be able to select both subtittles and languages which does not work with the standard MCE player. Unfortunately this feature is only available in MyMovies if you have at least 1250 points which can be earned or purchased ($50 I believe), well worth it MyMovies is a very good app. well beyound just this feature, see link.
http://www.mymovies.dk/home.aspx
You also might want to check out MediaBrowser as that may also have an external player feature.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Ah, okay. I AM using MyMovies . . . I will have to look into getting points to unlock that feature. That sounds like it would be pretty much the perfect solution for me.

joecrow

Post by joecrow » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:49 pm

Just thought. If you want to check the feature out first you can get a trial 2500 points which enables all the bells and whistles for 21 days, again check out the Mymovies website.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:08 pm

joecrow wrote:Just thought. If you want to check the feature out first you can get a trial 2500 points which enables all the bells and whistles for 21 days, again check out the Mymovies website.
Hey, thanks! Trying it now.